Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

yikes!!! I check my guinea's feet daily for anything. plus, I need to trim her nails... they're getting long and very...sharp...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #42 
LittleBettas

Lol, I need to do the same or my turtle, her back toes are getting a little to long
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

that'd be a good idea!!
why kind of turtle do you have? :o
Old 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #44 
LittleBettas

Lol, I've been putting it off because she has gotten grumpy with the weather... no more outside time :-/
She's an Eastern Box Turtle
Old 01-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #45 
Sena Hansler

Ooo lol!! I know, they love being outside. I cannot wait for spring when I can have the guineas outside. Summer'll be stifling hot.... Not sure what I'll do then. I am buying a crate/kennel fan for the guineas because I know if it is 45 (celsius) outside, it's bound to be 55 inside -.- we have NO fans. or A/C.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #46 
LittleBettas

Lol, she really just likes any excuse to be mean
At my parents house I used to have a pen set up outside for guineas, rabbits or ferrets to run (play) I had to watch them while they were there (my street was full of nosy kids and you already know how curious ferrets are, lol)
NO fans OR AC!?!?!?!? I would SO die, lol, I don't know how you live with that
Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #47 
Sena Hansler

I moved here in December x.x I don't know HOW I will survive lol However I have a higher tolerance for hot weather. (no wonder I like bettas...I'd fry goldfish by accident in our hot summers!!) I don't do well in the cold.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #48 
Pitluvs

A little story on Ferrets...

There was one ferret I took home a few years ago, random stop at a pet store 6 hours from home and I decided to buy a ferret. I named her Hali, she was a full grown female in with a bunch of babies. The store said she had been there for a year. I can't even find a picture that looks like her, but she was fluffy and white with little black tips on her fur. So unique. Anyways, I took her home and she was a savage. She would bite (not nip) through the bars, she couldn't be handled. I had experience with ferrets (my first was an abuse case that was deaf, she bit a lot) but not a healthy ferret. Anyways, everything I tried wouldn't work. I was doomed.

One night I was sitting on the sofa, the ferret cage was in the hallway to the bedrooms. I heard screaming. Those with ferrets understand the "screaming" I speak of. I ran to check and poor Hali got her leg stuck in a bar on her cage. She was spitting and biting. I had to have 15 stitches done at the hospital. But when I finally got her free, I held her so close and cried. It broke my heart to hear her in that much pain. I kissed her and spoke to her and snuggled her... and I would NOT let her leave my side. It wasn't until 3 days later that I realized, she stopped biting me when I went to the cage. Poor Hali was so grateful, and saw the human I actually was. She was the sweetest ferret after that, one of my favorites actually. Sadly, she crossed over the rainbow bridge in my arms a few months later after loosing her battle with cancer. I miss her.

My other story? My Noelle... a little half size ferret I stole from a crack house in 2006 on Christmas Eve. Friend of mine called me to come over and check out the ferret, and the owner was too out of it to notice I was there. Seeing as I was helping with rescue, the concerned people called me. I told them she was sick, I told them she wasn't going to make it and I would take her and have her humanely put down. No, she was actually in a ferret sleep and was very much the picture of health just very hyper from never being out of her cage. Best choice I ever made was taking her out of that house! Noelle never had a cage with me, she slept on my bed with the cats and rode around in my sweater hood during the day. I would call for the cats and she would come running too. She was my absolute favorite!! I miss her to this day.

Ferret can be amazing pets... I don't own them because they stink lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #49 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I moved here in December x.x I don't know HOW I will survive lol However I have a higher tolerance for hot weather. (no wonder I like bettas...I'd fry goldfish by accident in our hot summers!!) I don't do well in the cold.

Lol, I don't do well in the cold either... thank goodness for being born in modern day.... had I been born "way back then"....

Lmao, so Im guesing goldfish are off the... menu? (and by that I mean the menu for what pets to own.... yikes)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #50 
Sena Hansler

Pitluvs awwww the first one is so cute :) I do agree though. they stink

And I would LOVE a blackmoore goldfish. Just... I do not have a big enough tank aaand it gets darn warm here for summer. o.o