Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #1 
jibruno

My breeding tank set up, suggestions?

ok so i have a 10gal tank, set at 82 degrees equipped with water lettuce, a hide out, half cup for bubble nesting, and glass chimney.. Any last minute suggestions before i drop in my male?
Attached Images

jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #2 
tpocicat

The setup looks good, but IMO the female should have several places to hide from the male if he gets too agressive.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

The set up looks really good. nice and clean (for now anyway).

For suggestions, I would suggest many more live plants that look like they are "bunches" like water sprice guppy grass and others as well. Water Sprice is my favorite. "(You can google any of these if you dont know them).

As for the little hidey spot, I would say that is fine. I mean look at the Thia and top breeders in the US. They don't use a ten gallon tank nor do they use a hiding spot for the female. And if they do use a hiding spot then they use a small cup or something in that sense.

I like using snails because they do their "jobs." Snails are really helpful and they help with infusoria and eat the dead fry and food that could contaminate the water. So I would highly suggest either a nice sized apple snail or just a few regular pond snails.

Good Luck! Ah, Crowntails! Beautiful color and nice rays from what I can see from the two pictures. I want to see how this spawn comes out.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #4 
Fasht

I think you should drop the male and the female in the aquarium at the same time to avoid any territoriality between them
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
I think you should drop the male and the female in the aquarium at the same time to avoid any territoriality between them
This can be done in which ever order the breeder feels works best for them. Though if you look at the picture the female can't really claim anything because she is confined in a glass. The male however will claim the tank.

I myself usually have the female in the hurricane glass and the male wandering all over claiming the tank, though like I said it really depends on the breeder's choice.

Please don't take this as I am trying to put your opinion/suggestion/idea down. I am just explaining other possibilities.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #6 
Fasht

lol its aight =p, thats why used the word "think" just suggesting xD
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #7 
jibruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
The set up looks really good. nice and clean (for now anyway).

For suggestions, I would suggest many more live plants that look like they are "bunches" like water sprice guppy grass and others as well. Water Sprice is my favorite. "(You can google any of these if you dont know them).

As for the little hidey spot, I would say that is fine. I mean look at the Thia and top breeders in the US. They don't use a ten gallon tank nor do they use a hiding spot for the female. And if they do use a hiding spot then they use a small cup or something in that sense.

I like using snails because they do their "jobs." Snails are really helpful and they help with infusoria and eat the dead fry and food that could contaminate the water. So I would highly suggest either a nice sized apple snail or just a few regular pond snails.

Good Luck! Ah, Crowntails! Beautiful color and nice rays from what I can see from the two pictures. I want to see how this spawn comes out.

are you saying the snail produces infusoria, or eats it??
Old 01-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #8 
Gloria

the snail helps produce the infusoria :)
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #9 
jibruno

alright good thing lol
Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Yup like Gloria said they help with producing infusoria.