Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #141 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misakitty View Post
Sasha is getting bigger and starting to color in, and I'm noticing what looks like ich. It wasn't visible before when the lil thing was white bodied, but the blue is coming in now. I've had success with salt treatment before, and I wanted to know if it's safe to use this for babies, or if it'll be more dangerous because their organs are still developing? I'd rather use salt, but if I need to try medicine instead I will.
Can you post a pic? Fry are prone to ich and velvet so it's really possible (s)he has it but if you have a pic, that would help. And if it does turn out that it is truly ich, I believe you can use salt but not at the usual adult dosage.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #142 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I'm glad that they are so happy and full of life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too lol they have some FAT FAT tummies tonight :) So cute, especially the one that i suspect is the girl
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #143 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
Me too lol they have some FAT FAT tummies tonight :) So cute, especially the one that i suspect is the girl
Im sure they just love being spoiled! Remember that you are in for a surprise. You might just have a girly male lol. Possible, but i want to see pictures of her seen to see how she's growing!
Posted via Mobile Device
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #144 
Misakitty

Quite a tricky little creature to catch on camera. The suspected ich is really visible in this shot, more so than even with the naked eye. Sasha was a little bit stressed at this point and getting lighter because of the camera.
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #145 
Sakura8

Has Sasha been rubbing and darting on things? It does look like ich so I would PM OFL for advice in treating ich in such a young fish. Salt should be fine but I'm not sure how much salt or if a fry can withstand the high heat that we usually use with a salt treatment.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #146 
bettalover2033

To add to sakuras statement, VERY CLEAN water is the key with heat. Try making it aged though. Do 50%-70% water changes help enornously.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #147 
Sakura8

:) Yup. When using the salt/heat treatment for ich, the real key is the water changes to remove the parasites that fall off. If you don't do the WCs, they just reattach. It's different when you use an ich med that kills the buggers but I prefer the salt/heat method whenever possible. Too much meds can cause them to build up a resistance.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #148 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
:) Yup. When using the salt/heat treatment for ich, the real key is the water changes to remove the parasites that fall off. If you don't do the WCs, they just reattach. It's different when you use an ich med that kills the buggers but I prefer the salt/heat method whenever possible. Too much meds can cause them to build up a resistance.
This is very true as well! The more water changes you do, the less ick you will have. When raising the heat in the take you would be speeding up to the fee swimming stage of ick. This is how you begin to get rid of it because when they are in the free swimming stage and when doing the water changes you will be flushing/throwing them away.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #149 
Ciomara1202

Update on my little guy , no name yet . He's a cutey[IMG][/IMG]. My guess is delta ?
Ciomara1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #150 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, yes, he is cute!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta