Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #1 
morla

Amor

Hi! One of my bettas, Amor had not really been eating for the past 2 days. When I give him food, he just looks at it and is about to eat it, then he swims away. So you think he eats it when I don't see him? I really hope he eats! How do you make a betta eat? Or do they just eat when they feel like it?
morla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #2 
Banicks

Hi Morla,

Is he a new Betta for you? Was he eating prior to the past 2 days? What was he eating previously? Had anything occurred prior to the time he stopped eating? What are you attempting to feed him? How much are you attempting to feed him per feed? How often do you feed this amount?

I presume you don’t wait around to watch him eat, but the food is gone? I’d recommend sitting a distance away next time you feed him, and monitor whether he does go to the location of the food or whether he just leaves it and it sinks – don’t sit right next to the tank, kinda be sneaky about it like watching a lion eat it’s prey.
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #3 
morla

Hi Banicks! Yes, Amor is a new betta. He did eat before he stopped eating. If i remember, he ate like one or two pellets. Well, I have the tank light on during the day and off at night. Do bettas like light? Because I have noticed that the light makes the water warmer. The different thinng that happened was that my mom turned off the light during the day. Thats the only difference that has happened. Could the light have anything to do with it? The food I have for him is Wardley essentials betta premium food which is pellets and Tetra Bloodworms. I feed him just a pinch of food every night.
morla is offline   Reply With Quote