Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #1 
Enkil

Hey there

Well, thought I should probably introduce myself as I've already introduced our Hannibal.

Let's see. I'm a 23 year old (my b-day is in April) "single" mother. My daughter just turned 4 (yes, I know I'm young to have one that old). Currently reside in a full house in Oregon. House consists of my daughter, my boyfriend, 2 male roommates (one of which is moving out), boyfriend's mother (we all rent from her), 2 great danes, Hannibal, and myself.

I suffer from PTSD and depression along with anxiety and panic attacks. I can't get a psychiatric service dog right now, so I'm going with fish. Hannibal is my daughter's, but I am more than happy to take care of him. He makes me smile just like she does. My boyfriend has agreed to let me get another tank and betta.
Before my PTSD got too bad for me to continue, I was going to college to be a vet. I'm going to counseling now so that I can continue on. I love animals and am determined to finish my schooling. The very large classes (one of mine had over 400 people) were just a little too much for me.

I also have a lot of experience with dogs. I've trained several of my own over the years and have helped friends with theirs. I once had a beagle that would play cops and robbers. It was very cute. My wolf hybrid/american bulldog would leave my plate of food alone even if I left the room.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. ^_^
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...so happy you found us and became a member of our neat little community......

Look forward to hearing about you Betta keeping adventures......

Fish keeping can be a great hobby to share with your children and can be very therapeutic as well....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #3 
Enkil

Thank you. ^_^

I'm glad I found my way here as well. Everyone here seems so nice and helpful.

My daughter lover fish. We had one for her before, but he didn't survive the move out to Oregon with us. It's been a while since we had once and I thought it was time to get another. I'm looking into getting another now. Devon (boyfriend) has agreed that I can get one.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote