Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #11 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

Take a gander at these. I found them yesterday when I was looking for stands at Petco. They're trying to sell a living animal as decoration!

Betta Treasures Collection Seahorses Betta Bowl at PETCO

Betta Treasures Collection Blue Lagoon Betta Bowl in Black at PETCO

Betta Treasures Collection Blue Lagoon Betta Bowl in Off-White at PETCO

Betta Treasures Collection Enchanted Evening Betta Bowl in Brass at PETCO

Betta Treasures Collection Enchanted Evening Betta Bowl in Silver at PETCO

thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #12 
Dragonii

I really wish companies like Petco and Petsmart would make a stand against this sort of thing instead of promoting it. I understand the little mom and pop shops have to sell whatever they can to survive, but companies that big could really help turn around the way these poor little fish are treated.

these remind me of the Foxconn employees dorms in China.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #13 
fishy friend2

No of fence to anyone who posted but.... What good are you doing buy posting pictures like this? All you are doing is complaining and posting pics that obviously are making other members upset. Instead of bashing on these Betta homes, why dont you do something about it, because all you are doing right now is just making other members upset.why don't you contact the person who's selling it. No offence but I honestly get annoyed buy these threads
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #14 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy friend2 View Post
No of fence to anyone who posted but.... What good are you doing buy posting pictures like this? All you are doing is complaining and posting pics that obviously are making other members upset. Instead of bashing on these Betta homes, why dont you do something about it, because all you are doing right now is just making other members upset.why don't you contact the person who's selling it. No offence but I honestly get annoyed buy these threads
No one is obligated to look at this thread, it's to spread awareness that people do this and it's wrong. If someone who had one of these saw this and saw how ticked people are about it, they may change it to something more acceptable.
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #15 
Dragonii

Quote:

I have voiced my opinion when at shops that sell this junk. I have also stopped thier customers and given them proper info on betta fish.

Threads like this should not make anyone upset. if anything they help point out the type of containers that members should NOT be using. So yes, they can be helpful. The only way anyone would get upset is if they themselves where keeping a betta in one of these tiny prison cells.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #16 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
I have voiced my opinion when at shops that sell this junk. I have also stopped thier customers and given them proper info on betta fish.

Threads like this should not make anyone upset. if anything they help point out the type of containers that members should NOT be using. So yes, they can be helpful. The only way anyone would get upset is if they themselves where keeping a betta in one of these tiny prison cells.

+1
Old 01-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #17 
fishy friend2

Well, everybody has there own opinions, and I still don't like threads like these IMO
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #18 
Zappity

Quote:
Well, everybody has there own opinions, and I still don't like threads like these IMO
Then don't look at them.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #19 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappity View Post
then don't look at them.
+10000000000000000000000000000000
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #20 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
Then don't look at them.
Yep, don't look at them.

Another popular yet cruel betta container...

The last time I was at Petco they tried to sell me on one of these things.

They were selling them with a "buy the container and get a free baby betta" deal. :(