Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #21 
dew

Yeah,I'm working on getting another betta right now!Lol
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #22 
kesomon

Well, I've shifted some stuff around in my room, and realised that if I find or build a sturdy enough platform or table the same height as my desk, I can extend the desk towards my bed and have enough space for a 5 gallon tank! There's just enough space between my desk and my bed for one of the standard rectangular glass ones, which is cheapest for my budget. So, eventually, I will at least solve the space issue of my betta woes.
kesomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #23 
4alwaysAbettaluver

I have had bettas before and I just kept them in a 1.5 gallon tank with a heater/lighting system and they all lived fine. My family had one for 2 years in a bowl and she is still living, just ina different home.
4alwaysAbettaluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #24 
dormfish

At the end of this last summer, I told my parents I wanted to start keeping fish in college. They were both very against this idea and said it would be 'a pain to bring back in the summer.' Well, in September they dropped me off and then... I rebelled. About 4 days later, I went to Walmart and i bought a 1 gallon tank and 2 platties. It was too small, so a week later I went back and bought a 10 GALLON TANK and all the accessories. My room,my money, my fishes!! About 2 months later, I was sick of looking at that empty one gallon so I BOUGHT A BETTA! Mwahahahaa! My family came up for a visit, and were thoroughly impressed by my lovely 2 tanks. Dad even said that thee 10 gallon wouldn't be too hard to move either.... and yesterday, I upgraded my betta to a new 3 gallon. Hehehe.... Love my parents, but life is boring without pets, and since fish are the only thing allowed in the dorms, I became a fishkeeper!! I do miss my bunny, Charlotte, though.... she's in boarding while I'm away. :(
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #25 
MaxGreenMDE

LOL i thought my mom was the only one crazy enough to say "No! I don't want a fish in my house."

Haha I went and got one anyway :)
MaxGreenMDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #26 
kesomon

Well, it is with happy sadness, or sad happiness, I report Ram is no longer in residence at the Petco. Either he was adopted, in which case I hope he has a good new home with a big, warm tank, or he passed on, in which case at least he no longer must suffer a tiny cup. Bye Ram, good luck wherever you are.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #27 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

b'aweh <3
Well hopefully soon enough you can find another cute lil guy to give a home to :3
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #28 
kesomon

Hopefully soon I'll be able to talk my folks into the idea at all. Maybe by my birthday.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #29 
Jodah

I know how the whole "living with the parents" thing goes. 26 and still stuck at home. I lucked out though. Mom had a betta at work she brought home. Little did she know it would open the flood gates. I now have 2 2.5g tanks running. I have a 20H, 10g, 5.5g and 2 g4 macquariums sitting in my room. Lolz.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote