Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #1 
MJK87

Where can I find a Halfmoon Plaket?

I was in petsmart the other day and saw a halfmoon plaket for the first time. Ive never seen one and it was an amazing looking fish. It was blue with gold iridescent fins. I asked if they would sell me the fish because it was in a display tank but they wouldn't. It upset me because they had him in a .5 gallon tank with no heater. I have a 2.5 gallon filtered heated tank set up and ready to go for the next betta that catches my eye. That being, Ive decided that my next betta will be a halfmoon plaket. Where is the best place to find one for sale? My local petco and petsmart never have them for sale. They only have them for display purposes and since they wont sell them too me im wondering if its an aquabid only breed. If someone knows where I can find one I would really like to buy one. Does anyone have one? If so where did you get it? Thanks.
MJK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #2 
a123andpoof

If you have private local owned pet store you could check there, and if you have a walmart their is a slight possibility. But check the females. My pk the only place I found a plakat was labeled female and sometimes they have halfmoons and such and sell them for the same price as any other fish. Maybe go to another towns petco/ petsmart.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #3 
Layman

My local PetCo carries them, so eventually they should get one. Ask when they get their shipment in, and make a point to check early. Have you asked the manager? Remember that most employees don't really know what's going on in their stores.
Layman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #4 
Tikibirds

I found several females from walmart
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #5 
FinneyFin

I had a halfmoon plakat and he passed away =( His body was solid blue,his fins were solid white. I fell in love with him at the store even though he wasnt active.I think he was sick at the store.I'm glad I gave him a nice way to pass away,instead of at the store. I also got him a petsmart.

R.I.P Finney
FinneyFin is offline   Reply With Quote