Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #11 
GreenTea

I had one batch take about 70 hrs despite warm water, it takes 24- 48 typically though
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 AM   #12 
bettalover2033

As I am a little impatient at times, I probably would have thought the eggs were bad. And immediately jump to conclusions.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #13 
jibruno

so im positive the eggs are bad because my ma;e is swiming around the tank nowhere near the nest, and the nest is nothing more than like 5 bubbles now.. so my fist attempt was a failure, thats ok.. my second attempt, how long should i wait to breed the same pair again? or should i switch females?
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #14 
Oldfishlady

Dang the luck.....you are correct...if he is not tending the nest the eggs are most likely gone....

If the pair had been properly conditioned to start, healthy...etc.....I usually wait 3 days between spawn attempts...feed well during this 3 days and I would even place both in a small container so they can't see each other for this 3 days-make a water change on the spawning tank-add the male-then the female cupped -monitor reaction/behavior and release when she is responding....trying to follow him, head down...etc.....

Good luck....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #15 
bettalover2033

Oh darn. Sorry this attempt didn't work this time. I know I get a little annoyed sometimes when I have to try again, but it's all worth it in the end.

I know my pair right now is definitely showing signs of interest. The female wants to embrace and the male keeps hitting her with his caudal. Pretty funny, but anyway Link us to your new thread (If you make one!)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #16 
jibruno

ok, thank you all for the help and advice, im sure to make another thread when i try again, probably wont be till the end of this week some time..

the help is much appreciated =]
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote