Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1 
blueridge

Wal-Mart rescue...

So I saved a betta from Wal-Mart the other week. He was basically missing all of his fins, was super skinny, and had almost no color what so ever. Knowing that he would probably just end up sitting on the self and die I decided I would bring him home. Since doing that I have noticed that he can't quit manage to grab the food with his mouth, it takes him a couple of times at first to get it. Any ideas as to what this might be?
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #2 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
So I saved a betta from Wal-Mart the other week. He was basically missing all of his fins, was super skinny, and had almost no color what so ever. Knowing that he would probably just end up sitting on the self and die I decided I would bring him home. Since doing that I have noticed that he can't quit manage to grab the food with his mouth, it takes him a couple of times at first to get it. Any ideas as to what this might be?
What are you feeding him? If pellets, soak them in some tank water for a few minutes prior to feeding so they get soft. He may just not be used to eating....many walmart's don't feed their bettas.

Also, pics when you get a chance! :) We'd love to see him!
Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #3 
DisneyBettas

He may not be "missing" the food. All of mine are Walmart rescues and I have noticed that they play with their food a few times before they actually eat it...I guess they think its funny. Minnie will put all of it in her mouth at once and then spit them at the tank wall nearest me lol. He may just be showing you his gratitude by doing the only thing he really can
DisneyBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #4 
blueridge

Thanks so much for the suggestions you guys! As for pics sadly I don't have a camera with me :(
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote