Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1 
Roxy

Selling 40x tea bags of indian almond leaves for $ 6 shipped. ( 2-3 business days )

US buyers only.

Hey guys, I'm not really making much profit due to the fact that I'm shipping this through USPS priority mail... however, yes - I am selling 40x tea bags of indian almond leaves for $6 shipped.

I originally bought these tea bags from amy lim on ebay - but I have no use of it anymore since I recently received fluval chi 5g tank as a gift... and the carbon filter will suck out the beneficial properties that is released by the leaves.

I am a trusted seller on ebay with 100% positive feedback and you may see my feedbacks by clicking this link:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I only accept paypal as method of payment - and your leaves will be shipped on the next business day. I will also provide tracking number for you.

Directions:

Quote:
Method #5: Tea Cup Method

In this method, you will make Indian Almond Tea using either Indian Almond Teabags or simply using the leaves directly.

If you use Teabags, make sure that the bags are hygenically produced with water insoluble material. You may buy such teabags on Ebay. Most teabags contain only one to one and a half leaf.

Put the teabag or a large leaf crumpled up into a cup, and add hot water. Leave it to cool. The water in the cup will have the appearance of strong tea by the time the water cools. Add what you need into the tank, and keep the rest (together with the leaf or the teabag) in the refrigerator.

Dosage: 1 tea bag per 1 gallon of water.
Please PM me if you want to buy / have any questions.

Last edited by Roxy; 01-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #2 
bettalover2033

What do these Tea Bags do?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #3 
Amphibianite

I am interested, but let me get this straight, is it only 6 dollars total including shipping or 6 dollars plus shipping?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #4 
bettalover2033

@Amphibianite: What are they used for?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #5 
Amphibianite

Bettalover - they are used to release tannins into the water. They are filled with IAL Indian Almond Leaf. The leafs make great natural floating pieces and release tannins which help keep the bettas healthy, and happy, it darkens the water with the tannins, as well which the bettas like too.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #6 
Roxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
I am interested, but let me get this straight, is it only 6 dollars total including shipping or 6 dollars plus shipping?
6 dollars including shipping. ( USPS priority mail )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Bettalover - they are used to release tannins into the water. They are filled with IAL Indian Almond Leaf. The leafs make great natural floating pieces and release tannins which help keep the bettas healthy, and happy, it darkens the water with the tannins, as well which the bettas like too.
Yeah that ^ however, the difference is that these are IAL in tea bags, thus it is mainly used as an extract.

Last edited by Roxy; 01-28-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

I would really like to try one!:)

@Amphibianite&@Roxy: Thanks for the explanation.

Are they good for breeding? Do they do anything to encourage this behavior?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #8 
GreenTea

Yeah BL! IAL is native to Thailand where bettas live, and they love it! I always tan my breeding tank water with decaffeinated green tea bags, because I didn't have any IAL. Tisia recently gave me a giant bag of them which are nice.

You can float them on the surface and the male will build his nest under it. If you use them in a spawning tank though you want to be sure to remove them at a certain point or the water can darker to the point that the fish can't see one another or the fry!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #9 
purplemuffin

I'm a bit confused by your filter comment. Is your filter simply too powerful, or will this do nothing if there is a filter in the tank?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
Yeah BL! IAL is native to Thailand where bettas live, and they love it! I always tan my breeding tank water with decaffeinated green tea bags, because I didn't have any IAL. Tisia recently gave me a giant bag of them which are nice.

You can float them on the surface and the male will build his nest under it. If you use them in a spawning tank though you want to be sure to remove them at a certain point or the water can darker to the point that the fish can't see one another or the fry!
Thanks! The last part (paragraph 2) you are talking about the actual IAL right?

I know it is native to Thialand, but didn't know that I was able to use it for breeding as well.

Where can I find one? (I'd like to try it) Don't know if I'd want to continue using it, but it would be an interesting experiment for someone who hasn't used it before (me).
Closed Thread