Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #151 
Pitluvs

Holy all over the place on topics Batman! Guys, please could you keep this Ratties topic on topic? haha I am all for any small animal, but I enjoy chatting about rats in rat threads :P
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #152 
undergunfire

I have two little boys ! I had been ratless for over a year and decided to take the plunge again (lost my passion when my big 'ol 3.5 year old boy died), when I saw two adorable babies available from a breeder in my state. I fell in love with them through their pictures...especially since one of them looked like my Spoots (my heart rat). We drove the 3 hours there and 3 hours back on Jan. 22nd to pick them up!

They are 6 weeks old and both dumbo eared. Thaddeus is a Blue Blazed Bareback Rex and Tate is a Black Dalmatian Down-under Odd-Eye Rex (phew!). I named them after characters from the tv show "American Horror Story". I just love my little Rexy boys .

Thaddeus...

Tate...

And they live in a Martin's R680. I make and sew all of their hammies & liners .....

undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #153 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Holy all over the place on topics Batman! Guys, please could you keep this Ratties topic on topic? haha I am all for any small animal, but I enjoy chatting about rats in rat threads :P
I agree! Since apparently this is the only place you can comfortably talk with other rattie lovers!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #154 
Rosso1011

I have two little boys ! I had been ratless for over a year and decided to take the plunge again (lost my passion when my big 'ol 3.5 year old boy died), when I saw two adorable babies available from a breeder in my state. I fell in love with them through their pictures...especially since one of them looked like my Spoots (my heart rat). We drove the 3 hours there and 3 hours back on Jan. 22nd to pick them up!

They are 6 weeks old and both dumbo eared. Thaddeus is a Blue Blazed Bareback Rex and Tate is a Black Dalmatian Down-under Odd-Eye Rex (phew!). I named them after characters from the tv show "American Horror Story". I just love my little Rexy boys .

And they live in a Martin's R680. I make and sew all of their hammies & liners .....

They are adorable! I love the way you decorated the cage, too! I wish I was that crafty. And yes I messed up the quote when I went to edit.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #155 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergunfire View Post

Thaddeus...

Tate...

I have that same Martin's cage, it's my backup. I just LOVE your hammock set, and love the fact that you cover the floors. I actually have two R699's, but I took one apart and made a R680. Mine are 7 years old though, and starting to show wear. Your boys are gorgeous, reminds me of two I bought years ago. The first boy doesn't look odd eye to me though lol I have an odd eye boy, Ash :) Congrats though, I couldn't have turned away from them myself!

My odd eye...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #156 
LyzzaRyzz

...want..odd-eye..rattikins...
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #157 
Pitluvs

I've had two odd eyes over my time, and a one eye lol Ash was a fluke, as he was actually a feeder litter but he grew to big for his predator :( He's one of my favorites but he's not to happy about human touch. He never bites though, just protests like crazy at the sign of any affection.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #158 
LyzzaRyzz

Awe! That's too bad, he looks extra cuddly!
I'm hoping to rescue an old lady from near my home, in Rhode Island.
I'm hoping sammi can have a friend! I've started to look online at rescues and Craigslist, but so far have only been contacted by a breeder, and I'm looking to give some old girl a place to live out her days in luxury..
Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #159 
undergunfire

Your odd-eye is adorable, PitLuvs! I agree though....I don't see odd-eye in Thadd's, but that's okay :).

I need to sew more hammies! I had a month to prepare for the boys and only sewed two sets (which have already been used) and cage cleaning is in 2 days, hehe. Do you sew your own or do you buy them?
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #160 
Pitluvs

I sew my own :) I have bought from rat rescues who use the profits to help with their rescues, but I find it cheaper to make my own. I usually make cubes, flats, pouches, tunnels and double decker types. Try making cubes out of old jeans, so sturdy and my rats LOVE them. Sadly, I have a huge box full of material but my kids broke my sewing machine :*( So, I bought a new sewing machine for my Mom for Christmas so I'm sending all my material to her to make me hammocks LOL