Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #11 
BarbieDragon

@leeniex: I always found the bay area.... Boring haha It's probably because I'v lived here most of my life! San Fransisco is always fun thoguh! :D
BarbieDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Welcome to the forum BarbieDragon! I'm just a stone's throw away from you (well, okay, more like an hour and a half drive). If you have any questions about getting a betta, don't hesitate to ask. You can PM any of us moderators (Shirley listed a few of us) or start a thread and we'll be happy to answer any questions and concerns. Oh, and if you don't want to buy a betta from a big chain store, I suggest you PM a member named flowerslegacy. She lives in East Bay and knows many of the small fish stores. Tell her Sakura sent you. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #13 
BarbieDragon

@sakura: Thank you so much! haha 1.5 hour drive isn't so bad! :) I'll be sure to email her if I can't find a fish to buy! And I'll make sure to post when I need help! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #14 
Shirleythebetta

See?! Help already for you. Everyone really cares about this hobby as you see and everyone here wants to help. So are you doing well in school? I'm doing alright. All A's and B's so far. I graduate in 2013. I started a bit late though. I'm 25.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #15 
BarbieDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
See?! Help already for you. Everyone really cares about this hobby as you see and everyone here wants to help. So are you doing well in school? I'm doing alright. All A's and B's so far. I graduate in 2013. I started a bit late though. I'm 25.
I'm a freshman (starting second semester on Monday...) First semester didn't go so well (soul searching issues!) but now I got my head straight so I'm sure I'll do well. Hey better now then never right? Yeah Now I'm just waiting on help for my equipments and stuff for a 20 gallon tank... In the general care forum :D If you can help please go check that out!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #16 
Shirleythebetta

Good for you! It's sometimes hard to get it together for college. After being forced to go to school for so long it's hard to go back willingly. I am thankful in some ways I waited to go to college because I hear it burns a lot of people out fast. I'll check out your other thread but I am not very knowledgable on equiptment. :(
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #17 
BarbieDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Good for you! It's sometimes hard to get it together for college. After being forced to go to school for so long it's hard to go back willingly. I am thankful in some ways I waited to go to college because I hear it burns a lot of people out fast. I'll check out your other thread but I am not very knowledgable on equiptment. :(
hah thanks! I was definitely burnt out from high school (had to switch schools in the middle of high school which really sucked....) But after this long winter break (6 weeks) I"m definitely hyped to go back to school! :D
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #18 
Gehenna

Welcome BD :)

Well, i rap gently the sides of the bowl (I recieved today my new Dymax IQ3 acuarium!! YAY!, so hell get into h is new home soon) and i keep chasing him around, he hides behind his plant, and peeks about as i rap again and he just swims around. Also, my sister who is an odontologist gave me an old plastic mirror and i use that to exercise my beta, as it flares all up looking all tough and mean, heh. I read somewhere else about the mirror, used to exercise bettas for 5 minutes, twice a day.
I've had him for a couple of weeks now, i've never had fish before, so when i got him as a gift i was truly worried about being able to care for him, and here at Bettafish.com found a wealth of information and people with experience and knowledge. So don't be afraid to ask around if you have questions, you'll get help for sure.
Gehenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.If you have any questions just ask away. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote