Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #11 
bettafish15

Ottos are socialable fish, so having one in a 10g would not work, as there is no room to add more.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #12 
zacheyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
Ottos are socialable fish, so having one in a 10g would not work, as there is no room to add more.
so just 6 bettas?
zacheyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #13 
Pitluvs

Yup, just the 5-6 females, 10g isn't really that big of a tank when it comes to groups of fish. It's the bare minimum for community tanks :) The shrimp could go in, as long as there is lots of hiding places. Make sure to have tons of plants!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'd take off the oto, you'd need at least 2. If you really want 2 otos, I'd get a really powerful filter, like a 30 or 40 gallon filter. ;)
actually listen to everyone else. Overstocking is not a good idea. xd
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #15 
zacheyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I'd take off the oto, you'd need at least 2. If you really want 2 otos, I'd get a really powerful filter, like a 30 or 40 gallon filter. ;)
actually listen to everyone else. Overstocking is not a good idea. xd
would just 6 betta work?
Old 01-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

Yes.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #17 
zacheyp

would 6 bettas be overstocked
Old 01-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #18 
styggian

Sorry that the photo isn't the best, it's really hard to get a decent picture of my tank for some reason.

I have 8 girls and umpteen ghost shrimp in there, and changed out the filter for a Marineland biowheel filter for 30g tanks (this is a 15g, the filter that came in the kit was just not strong enough, and is now in the boys' tank so each has one on his side of the divider). The tea stain is tannin from the bogwood.

It has four live anubias, a small mess of java fern, two banana plants (yeah, that's a stupid banana plant floating in there at least it's happy and growing I suppose!), and three marimo balls. Oh yeah, and a half dozen swords I forgot about blending into the back right corner. There's 9 or 10 silk plants in mostly medium to large sizes, a bogwood, a large stone leaned up against the corner (they like to hide behind it or lay in the anubias I attached to it), and another piece of wood that's mounted so it stands upright. I want more anubias and marimos, the java fern I'm not sure of. I had some pennywort, red ludwigia, and wisteria, and they all melted or shed their leaves like crazy, so I chucked them.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #19 
zacheyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by styggian View Post

Sorry that the photo isn't the best, it's really hard to get a decent picture of my tank for some reason.

I have 8 girls and umpteen ghost shrimp in there, and changed out the filter for a Marineland biowheel filter for 30g tanks (this is a 15g, the filter that came in the kit was just not strong enough, and is now in the boys' tank so each has one on his side of the divider). The tea stain is tannin from the bogwood.

It has four live anubias, a small mess of java fern, two banana plants (yeah, that's a stupid banana plant floating in there at least it's happy and growing I suppose!), and three marimo balls. Oh yeah, and a half dozen swords I forgot about blending into the back right corner. There's 9 or 10 silk plants in mostly medium to large sizes, a bogwood, a large stone leaned up against the corner (they like to hide behind it or lay in the anubias I attached to it), and another piece of wood that's mounted so it stands upright. I want more anubias and marimos, the java fern I'm not sure of. I had some pennywort, red ludwigia, and wisteria, and they all melted or shed their leaves like crazy, so I chucked them.
is that a 10 gal?
Old 01-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #20 
styggian

It's a 15 gallon.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote