Lmfao, go snorkeling with them? ;)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

You betcha. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #13 
Bondance

I just got back from the store and didn't see any loaches =[ but they did have some cory's. We wound up only getting one though, an emerald, because the saleswoman started telling us that a 15gal tank isn't big enough for more than that. "You can get two, I can't stop you if you want to buy two, but if you do one WILL die." She was kinda pushy and I didn't feel like arguing, so we just got the one.

Is this true though? I thought the previous posts had implied that I could get several for a 15gallon tank, and I'm more inclined to believe you guys than that saleswoman, but now I'm confused...
Bondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #14 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondance View Post
I just got back from the store and didn't see any loaches =[ but they did have some cory's. We wound up only getting one though, an emerald, because the saleswoman started telling us that a 15gal tank isn't big enough for more than that. "You can get two, I can't stop you if you want to buy two, but if you do one WILL die." She was kinda pushy and I didn't feel like arguing, so we just got the one.

Is this true though? I thought the previous posts had implied that I could get several for a 15gallon tank, and I'm more inclined to believe you guys than that saleswoman, but now I'm confused...
That's definitely not true. I have two adults and three juvies in my ten gallon. I plan on upgrading them to a 15 gallon and it wouldn't be overstocked. Cories also are social creatures. They are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of four or more. Since you don't want to many fish due to the future move I would recommend just the minimum four. They'll be okay together and the tank won't be overstocked. They really won't die because you have two in a fifteen gallon her information is incorrect.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hahahah, oh sales people. They are crazy ;)
15 gallons is plenty of room for the cories. Don't forget the dried algae wafers.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #16 
Shirleythebetta

So is the whole. 5 gallons per cory true? I know opinions differ but that opinion seemed weird and I am curious what you all think of that.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #17 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well I don't think so.. o-o I was told it was safe to do 6 betta girls + 4-5 medium cories. I think as long as you keep up with water cleanness its fine.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #18 
hedgehog

I don't personally believe it's true. Aqadvisor which is usually pretty generous in how many gallons each fish gets doesn't think so. I've had four adult cories in a ten gallon but now I'm at two adults and three juvies. I know it's a little overstocked but I have live plants and good filtration. My cories tend to sit right next to each other all the time. I can't see how they would need five gallons. I think what's more important with cories is the footprint of the tank since they are bottom dwellers. For example, you can put more cories in a 20 long than a 20 high since there's more surface at the bottom.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #19 
Shirleythebetta

alright, makes sense thanks guys
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #20 
MistersMom

no pictures?
lol
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote