Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #11 
Toxcicle

How about tiger loaches? I love the look and they're bottom feeders. They don't look like they'd be nippers, but I could be wrong. I may just let the pictus catfish go to the larger tank with the blacktips.

Sorry I'm being paranoid, but my previous Betta was the first I tried to introduce to a community more than corys and plecos. I want to avoid any fin nipping accidents from all sides.
Toxcicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #12 
bettalover2033

Well I have successfully been able to house Tiger Loaches and they do come up sometimes but they are gentle and I never saw they try to attack my male in the tank. Also cories are nice and ghost shrimp can be kept successfully as well, though sometimes bettas look at them as snacks so It really depends on the betta when talking about them.

If it is a nice sized tank of at least 30-40 gallons you can get a pleco.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #13 
Toxcicle

Talking

Yep, it's a nice 30 gallon, the cats were successfuly transferred to a more suitable home, so my Betta has the run of things. He's quite the performer. Unlike the bettas I've had in the past, he's not camera shy. Any way, I'll let him get comfy before introducing a couple of corys, and I'll do some research on suggested tankmates. Thanks again for all the help. =)

Last edited by Toxcicle; 01-31-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Toxcicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #14 
bettalover2033

No problem. Also You might want to add in the cories and other fish with him because bettas are territorial and they will make it their domain and most likely attack the other fish.

If you still do keep the male in there make sure that you take him out and rearrange the decor so he will think it's a whole other tank and see other fish to share it with. IMO it's a lot safer that way!

Good Luck!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, catfish, pictus catfish, shark