Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #21 
Bombalurina

To go with your new emerald cory (and yes, ignore the crazy saleswoman) you can also get the other two types of cories that are in the species corydoras anaeus - bronze and albino. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #22 
Bondance

So this was his old tank:

This is his new tank! 15x as big :

And this is his neighbor, hiding near the fake lantern. They actually both kinda hang out down there and ignore eachother:

Bondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #23 
Bondance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
To go with your new emerald cory (and yes, ignore the crazy saleswoman) you can also get the other two types of cories that are in the species corydoras anaeus - bronze and albino. :)
Oh thanks! I actually was wondering if it was safe to get different kinds of corys.
Bondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #24 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondance View Post
Oh thanks! I actually was wondering if it was safe to get different kinds of corys.
It's safe to get different kinds of cories as long as they are the same species. Cories school with members of their own species and will only school with members of other species out of necessity like when there are only two cories in the tank. They are much less stressed when hanging out in groups of at least 4 with members of the same species. You happened to pick the species that has three color morphs though. There's bronze, albino, and green. They will all school together, they can spawn will each other, etc. I like this species because I have several of the different colors in my tank and I can tell all my fish apart. I am having a little difficulty now that the babies are getting bigger--one looks exactly like the dad and is getting close in size to daddy.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if you ever see a big tank with multiple cory species in it you will see the proper schooling behavior. The store I got two of my fish from had a huge cory specific tank with peppered cories, bronze cories, albino cories, and panda cories. They all stayed will similar sized fish that were the same species as them. It's really pretty cool.

Last edited by hedgehog; 01-31-2012 at 12:42 AM.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #25 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I love your new tank! The decor is awesome, and I love how you made the gravel have little hills and valleys instead of just flat!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #26 
MistersMom

very pretty set up, i luv it
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote