Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #3301 
saskuk
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, MA
Well I was thinking about trying to breed him, but after the last hour of researching breeding techniques, I don't think I'm ready to dive in. Seems like ALOT of work. And Id be very very nervous to introduce him to a female, I dont want him to get damaged.
saskuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #3302 
Chard56
Member
 
Chard56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Harrison, Arkansas
I have lots of spawns that go without a torn fin or missing scale but there nothing more depressing than to see your favorite beautiful male with his fins shredded by an aggressive female.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #3303 
saskuk
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
I have lots of spawns that go without a torn fin or missing scale but there nothing more depressing than to see your favorite beautiful male with his fins shredded by an aggressive female.
Yes that's what I'm worried about.
saskuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #3304 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskuk View Post
Well I was thinking about trying to breed him, but after the last hour of researching breeding techniques, I don't think I'm ready to dive in. Seems like ALOT of work. And Id be very very nervous to introduce him to a female, I dont want him to get damaged.
I'm glad you decided to think it over again. I would say that if you do decide to breed him and you are ready, you should selectively breed him to try and keep the blue dragon gene going. Hopefully you will succeed, but trust me I have heard that it is very hard to get them.


In the meantime, Enjoy your new pet:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #3305 
copperarabian
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
A photo of my red veil tail, I flipped the photo so it looks like fire/flower

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #3306 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Wow that looks pretty cool! It does look like fire. My first response to this was "Why did they take a picture of fire?"

I probably asked this before, but What kind of camera do you use?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #3307 
copperarabian
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Wow that looks pretty cool! It does look like fire. My first response to this was "Why did they take a picture of fire?"

I probably asked this before, but What kind of camera do you use?
It's fine,

It's a Nikon D3000, it's gone down in price a ton if your interested in it. When my parents got it for me as a set with 2 kit lenses it was a little over a thousand dollars, now it's $360-$600.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3000-Di...8139333&sr=8-1

The Nikon D3100 is the upgrade of my camera and it's very good. It also takes HD video and has gone down in price too.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3100-Di...8139333&sr=8-2
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #3308 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
It's fine,

It's a Nikon D3000, it's gone down in price a ton if your interested in it. When my parents got it for me as a set with 2 kit lenses it was a little over a thousand dollars, now it's $360-$600.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3000-Di...8139333&sr=8-1

The Nikon D3100 is the upgrade of my camera and it's very good. It also takes HD video and has gone down in price too.
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3100-Di...8139333&sr=8-2

That is an amazing camera!! If I was to get one like that, I would have to buy online because they don't have cameras like that here. I could probably buy one at RadioShack. Also it'll have to wait until next year to ask for that because I JUST got my iPad today and asking for a camera would be pushing it.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #3309 
copperarabian
Member
 
copperarabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
That is an amazing camera!! If I was to get one like that, I would have to buy online because they don't have cameras like that here. I could probably buy one at RadioShack. Also it'll have to wait until next year to ask for that because I JUST got my iPad today and asking for a camera would be pushing it.
They sell them at best buy and target too. That's awesome you got an iPad, my mom got one for Christmas and she loves it.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #3310 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Yeah. Ive only been asking since last year lol...just got it today
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show me your funniest betta photos! Bettabubble3 Betta Pictures 241 12-19-2012 02:07 PM
Photos of Yellow (My New Betta) strawberryswings2 Betta Fish Care 15 08-16-2011 08:01 PM
Beautiful Series of Betta Fish photos DefyingGravity Betta Fish Care 9 04-10-2011 07:10 PM
betta photos and problems solved! bobman Betta Pictures 3 06-02-2009 09:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.