Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #1 
irving216

color question

so, a month ago, my girlfriend got me a white betta with red fins. not too big of a fan of him as it was somewhat odd looking. but i have found a sort of spot for him. he died :/ sadly :/ but i also had found the matching (as if seperated from birth) female for him, i bought her and had them together for 2 or 3 weeks before they died a day apart from each other. my question lies in, what are rare colors? those 2 were the only white with red fins iv ever seen. more so, at the store i last went to to buy the betta i have now that im scared will not make it, she had a all white double tail. i feel as though i should jump on it, as most all whites iv ever seen have a pinkish tint, and this one looks to have more of a blueish tint (could just be lighting) but mainly what are rare colors?
irving216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #2 
registereduser

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #3 
irving216

(D male)
Cambodian- the body is pale, almost colorless, and the fins are a solid color

thats exactly what mine looked like. thank you very much :)
Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #4 
irving216

so according to this, my female that i have now is a pinapple as she does have blackish brown at the end of some of her scales...?http://watershed3.tripod.com/types.html
Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #5 
irving216

also, i had been doing some research on keeping the two bettas together, and read that its normally a rule on betta per tank MAINLY with smaller tanks, that normally 20+ tanks, can be territorialy manipulated to accomadate 2 males... i have actually had 3 bettas in the 15g a little while ago... 2 female, one male. none of them ever attacked each other when i watched (as i watch for hours in a day) and the male and one of the females actually were never too far apart from each other. the tank wasnt fully cycled and they died along with quite a few other fish. im not in any way saying your wrong i can have them in the tank, because i am very skeptikal about doing so. but iv always been one to prove the books wrong about things. i want to be smart about this, and i dont want any of these fish being hurt, but it really would suck to have to not be able to make this work :/
Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #6 
DragonTheBetta

That looks rare to me! I don't know much about rare bettas but that one looks amazing!
DragonTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #7 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by irving216 View Post
also, i had been doing some research on keeping the two bettas together, and read that its normally a rule on betta per tank MAINLY with smaller tanks, that normally 20+ tanks, can be territorialy manipulated to accomadate 2 males... i have actually had 3 bettas in the 15g a little while ago... 2 female, one male. none of them ever attacked each other when i watched (as i watch for hours in a day) and the male and one of the females actually were never too far apart from each other. the tank wasnt fully cycled and they died along with quite a few other fish. im not in any way saying your wrong i can have them in the tank, because i am very skeptikal about doing so. but iv always been one to prove the books wrong about things. i want to be smart about this, and i dont want any of these fish being hurt, but it really would suck to have to not be able to make this work :/
It is usually not worth the risk. Keeping males together for a short time sometimes works because the males are too shocked and stressed to fight. After a few weeks or even months, they get over it and start fighting. They will also usually kill the female. I would not try it again.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote