Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #11 
betta lover1507

wow but still gorgeous
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by phupha2011 View Post
Fish species should not be raised in a small fish that bites its tail was missing.
I don't understand? Are you saying that Little should of disposed of Dancer because it took him a bit longer to grow out his fins as a baby?
Or that we shouldn't keep fish that bite their own fins? I am not giving up Butters! ;)

Very handsome little boy you have there, he was definitely holding back and has become quite a jewel.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #13 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I don't understand? Are you saying that Little should of disposed of Dancer because it took him a bit longer to grow out his fins as a baby?
Or that we shouldn't keep fish that bite their own fins? I am not giving up Butters! ;)

Very handsome little boy you have there, he was definitely holding back and has become quite a jewel.

Seriously... XD Im SO confused.... and I would NEVER dispose of a betta because they are small or they took longer to grow in... he is not a breeder betta... he's one of my PETS.... and everyone thinks he's adorable with itty bitty booty that likes to wiggle and say hi to everyone....

and Im not giving up my Flagg OR Orpheus!!!!

Thank you Mayats he really has truly blossmed!!!!
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #14 
Pitluvs

I think that comment might be something about raising a fish in a small space (that cup) or it could bit it's tail?? Maybe? I know you use the cup for water changes/pictures :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #15 
HayrideHaunter

I'm confused too but I agree with the biting...Emanon is a total biter...but I love my Emmybutt and wouldn't give him up for it! <3....beautiful fish btw!
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #16 
bettalover2033

Yup that's the marble gene for you! This is the reason for my fascination of marbles and having them as beautiful swimming works f art that obviously love change lol.

He is a very nice looking male. You might also be in store for some extra marbling. He is still young. Is there any particular pattern you would like to see?

Also he might even marble into a butterfly male because the butterfly gene is connected to marbles as well. When breeding a marble and continuing the line, you will eventually end up with some nice butterfly's with some selective breeding in the process.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #17 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I think that comment might be something about raising a fish in a small space (that cup) or it could bit it's tail?? Maybe? I know you use the cup for water changes/pictures :)
Ok... lol... and yes, putting bettas into cups was the only way I could get a picture with my old cell phone.... by the time the picture would snap the betta would be on the other side of the tank and I would be left with a picture of a plant... or a plain wall if I was REALLY lucky.... lol... loving my new camera... though I still cup some of my bettas since my camera takes better pictures in natural light
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #18 
livingart

Wow, he's really changed! I'll bet, in a couple of months, he'll be a stunner :)
livingart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #19 
bettasusa

wow! VERY NICE!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #20 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingart View Post
Wow, he's really changed! I'll bet, in a couple of months, he'll be a stunner :)

I know!!! I can't wait!!! Im hoping that his size will catch up, but even if it doesn't Im not going to freak he's to gorgeous and has to much personality to fret over size...