Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #1 
Miakemi

Is my new fish healthy?

Hi, everyone. A trip to Walmart and a lack of self control has me with another fish. Yay for having extra supplies lying around. XD Anyway, she's a cambodian, but it looks like there are a few places that are a little whiter near her gills and pectorals that I'm not sure about (<= really bad at diagnosing). She seems pretty active other than that, though.

Should I assume that's part of her coloration since cambodians are white and red, or should I do conservative treatment with salt or just water changes?

I'll have to update this post with the tank information. I just got back from Walmart and wanted to set up the water properly rather than needing to change something later. However, I will have her in a gallon bowl for a quarantine tank.

Here's the clearest picture I could get. I circled the questionable areas. They don't look fuzzy, but I wanted to be sure they were nothing to worry about. Thanks! :)

Last edited by Miakemi; 02-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Miakemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #2 
Myates

Most likely her coloration- a lot of bettas who are lighter in color have an area or two around their gills that are a different color- iridescent like sometimes from cream to green.

I would get her home set up and let her settle down in her home for now, and observe her that way- give her a day or few to adjust and then go from there. You might be able to tell whether it's just her coloration or something else once she isn't as stressed and she brings her colors out more.
I wouldn't put her through any salt treatment at this point, she's already stressed and needs to settle down some before going through all of those water changes.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote