Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #1 
BeautifulBetta14

I Need Help On Breeding!

I tried breeding with my betta Sushi (male) and Yuki (female) but when i put them in the tank i put the divider in about 1 week later Sushi died! Was it from the stress of the fish?? I have possibly no clue how to breed when i want to breed Senshi and either Yuki again or Samera. Here are pics of Yuki, Samera and Senshi.

Senshi Red male. (picture is a little blurry sorry)
Yuki brown and a little blue female.
Samera brown female. (picture is blurry sorry)
Attached Images

BeautifulBetta14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #2 
EvilVOG

Could be any number of reasons why she died. She could have gotten eggy and was unable to release them, or it could have been just stress. Was she properly acclimated to the tank? Had you been conditioning her?

Beyond that, if you have no idea how to breed them, you probably shouldn't. There's alot of information in the stickies in this forum, and in the breeding logs that could give you an idea of what you need if you really want to breed.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #3 
BeautifulBetta14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVOG View Post
Could be any number of reasons why she died. She could have gotten eggy and was unable to release them, or it could have been just stress. Was she properly acclimated to the tank? Had you been conditioning her?

Beyond that, if you have no idea how to breed them, you probably shouldn't. There's alot of information in the stickies in this forum, and in the breeding logs that could give you an idea of what you need if you really want to breed.
I know how to breed it just feels like i don't. I have been conditioning her and i took good ... wait Sushi my male died not my female...
P.s. does Yuki and Senshi look like a good pair??
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #4 
BeautifulBetta14

Yeah! i researched a million times on breeding and YAY! my male betta and female are finally spawning!!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

am so happy for you sorry about sushi i lost the mom and dad to my lonely fry sparta, his sister's, brother's, mother, and father are gone :( it is just him (am not sure if it is a "him" )
just some questions:
what where some things sushi done before he passed?

was he depressed?

did you get sushi and yuki to spawn?

how long conditioned?

and what did you conditioned them with?

if you could answer those i might could have a answer also what will you be feeding the fry? they would hatch in 2 days i fed mines egg yolk (boil egg yolk) and infusoria. make sure to have some live plants in the tank
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta14

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
am so happy for you sorry about sushi i lost the mom and dad to my lonely fry sparta, his sister's, brother's, mother, and father are gone :( it is just him (am not sure if it is a "him" )
just some questions:
what where some things sushi done before he passed?

was he depressed?

did you get sushi and yuki to spawn?

how long conditioned?

and what did you conditioned them with?

if you could answer those i might could have a answer also what will you be feeding the fry? they would hatch in 2 days i fed mines egg yolk (boil egg yolk) and infusoria. make sure to have some live plants in the tank
I didn't get yuki and sushi to spawn and before sushi died he acted as if he didn't know where he was! he looked liked he was stuck in a corner and when i found him died he was in the same corner...