Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #3331 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
That crown tail is beautiful! Everyone ins finding amazing fish at walmart and pet stores. I have yet to find one.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #3332 
minimrshmll0
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan, US
All four of my girls were from a Petsmart. I took all the girls home and outa there <3

They keep them in the tiniest cups :/
minimrshmll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #3333 
Bolder
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
This is the mother of all my Betta, dad is dead from old age.On the right is one of her sons, they have a Perspex window at the bottom of the divider so they can see one another.


Last edited by Bolder; 02-06-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #3334 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
This is the mother of all my Betta, dad is dead from old age.On the right is one of her sons, they have a Perspex window at the bottom of the divider so they can see one another.

Are they giants?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #3335 
Bolder
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Are they giants?
Not that I know of, I bought the female at the fish shop here in town, I don't know the difference between giants and normal.

She is a big girl, but like I said, my fish seem to be very greedy.

They get live mosquito larva, plus these other round squiggly things which curl up and thrust a little appendage to swim, I have no idea what they are, but they live and breed in the water with the mosquito.
They get blood worms, and Betta granules.

All my grown babies were fed blood worm for the first time tonight, they had no idea what the food was Lol, after trying 1 they were fine, but still a bit wary they seem to love their granules, mum eats pellets though.
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #3336 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
Not that I know of, I bought the female at the fish shop here in town, I don't know the difference between giants and normal.

She is a big girl, but like I said, my fish seem to be very greedy.

They get live mosquito larva, plus these other round squiggly things which curl up and thrust a little appendage to swim, I have no idea what they are, but they live and breed in the water with the mosquito.
They get blood worms, and Betta granules.

All my grown babies were fed blood worm for the first time tonight, they had no idea what the food was Lol, after trying 1 they were fine, but still a bit wary they seem to love their granules, mum eats pellets though.
Oh I see. They just might be giants. Can you take a picture of them with something like a Betta food container next to them or a quarter.

If they are anything past 3 inches, they are giants. Ive seen some giants on AB that were 5.5 inches and the guy was selling them for hundreds of dollars.

Try to measure them. The way most breeders measure their fish is by putting the fish in a bag with the water just covering their head and then taking the ruler to see how long their are. Or yu can just keep them in the tank and make a guess of their size.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #3337 
Mikey1973
Member
 
Mikey1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arkansas
Thor my new CT.

Well here is Thor. I saw this CT in walmart and just had to bring him home. He is a multi-color, but I think as he ages his body might change to red. He has a couple of green spots on his side as well. He has a good dark red beard on him.
I am thinking he is a camera hog now. I have been trying to take some good pics to share, my wife thinks I am insane now.
Mikey1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3338 
Bolder
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post

If they are anything past 3 inches, they are giants. Ive seen some giants on AB that were 5.5 inches and the guy was selling them for hundreds of dollars.
Not giants then, nowhere near 3"

Here is another growing boy, closest colour to his mum, he is a one off in the batch.

I had to put him in a jar to take a pic, he lives in the community tank, looks like he got a nip on his fin I don't have lights on my tanks either.
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #3339 
Bolder
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1973 View Post
Well here is Thor.

There is a moderator in Whirlpool broadband forums, his nick name is Thor, I don't think he is as handsome as your fish though Lol
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #3340 
bettalover2033
Member
 
bettalover2033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
Not giants then, nowhere near 3"

Here is another growing boy, closest colour to his mum, he is a one off in the batch.

I had to put him in a jar to take a pic, he lives in the community tank, looks like he got a nip on his fin I don't have lights on my tanks either.
Oh okay I see. Then no he is not a giant.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show me your funniest betta photos! Bettabubble3 Betta Pictures 241 12-19-2012 01:07 PM
Photos of Yellow (My New Betta) strawberryswings2 Betta Fish Care 15 08-16-2011 07:01 PM
Beautiful Series of Betta Fish photos DefyingGravity Betta Fish Care 9 04-10-2011 06:10 PM
betta photos and problems solved! bobman Betta Pictures 3 06-02-2009 08:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.