Betta Fish Forum banner

i think my betta has a blister?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bobbysgrl 
#1 ·
i have had my lil guy Gary for almost a year now. i also havd another one. we kept them in seperate bowls for a while, then recently merged them into a small tank together. they are seperated by a mesh screen so they do not interact. i noticed that since this joining the water gets merky quick and they are in constant need of a water changing. tonight we noticed that lil gary seem to have a big blister by his tail.. its the oddest looking thing. he seems to be breathing well.. but just kinda sits on the bottom of the cup. he is quarantined in a lil cup for now.. i didnt want him to infect flectcher (the other fish).. whats wrong with him?? and is there anything i can do to help? :(

#3 ·
he usually shares a 5 gallon tank with fletcher. i wasnt aware that they are supposed to be with a heater and what not... ive had fletcher for three years and won him on a boardwalk.. knock on wood no problems...we usually change the water every two weeks or so.. i now know that this needs to be more often.. i dont know what the water parameters are... or how to figure that out?? i do use water conditioner.. but that it.. i am totally surprise about all the work they need... i thought they were self sufficent.. and i am not aggravated with the teenagers that work at the pet store by me for not knowing any better! i love my lil guys.. and i want gary to be ok.. i dont know what to do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.