Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #21 
Silverfang

female kitties... just have tended to gravitate to them in the past. Not to say I can't make friends with a lovely boy.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #22 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
I prefer female dogs over males. Male dogs tend to be more territorial in my experience and i do not like keeping just only one dog. Three females and one male currently but I admit I'm getting a malecocker spaniel soon to be my female pup's potential mate.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #23 
Laki

"potential mate"??

Sorry. I'm not a condoner of random breeding. Either you're a reputable breeder or you don't breed. Bottom line. Too many thousands of dogs and cats and everything else die each year in shelters and at the hands of the wrong people because of irresponsible breeding. I'm sorry to say it too, because I'm sure you're a nice family who just wants to have some puppies. Reality is, where will the puppies live and will they all have as caring a home as you give your dogs? Chances are they won't. Statistics don't lie.
I wouldn't suggest a male if you want puppies. Sorry :/ Just my 2 cents.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #24 
Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
"potential mate"??

Sorry. I'm not a condoner of random breeding. Either you're a reputable breeder or you don't breed. Bottom line. Too many thousands of dogs and cats and everything else die each year in shelters and at the hands of the wrong people because of irresponsible breeding. I'm sorry to say it too, because I'm sure you're a nice family who just wants to have some puppies. Reality is, where will the puppies live and will they all have as caring a home as you give your dogs? Chances are they won't. Statistics don't lie.
I wouldn't suggest a male if you want puppies. Sorry :/ Just my 2 cents.
This is not any random breeding that I am speaking about just for the sake of getting pups. And yes, I am aware of what I am doing. I am a member of several dog chapters trying to get myself educated, not someone else trying to breed dogsfor the sake of having many dogs so before you criticize me, know who I am because you already came to a conclusiom I am nothing but an irresponsible breeder.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #25 
Laki

Just gotta be careful with your words in the future.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #26 
Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Just gotta be careful with your words in the future.
Not when level of comprehension and understanding varies especially as this is a global community. I've seen this from the birth of this forum that not all of us understand the same way. This is exactly why we have disagreements going to the point accusations become personal. I would be more cautious how the individual you dont know yet should be talked to because your approach felt rather a slap to me. Yes, maybe I should have worded my post better but who would know if others have the same level of understanding?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #27 
purplemuffin

It's true, it's difficult to judge how people will take your wording. I took his words as the opposite--possible mate meaning that he is studying and wants to make sure it will work out--the 'possible' meaning he may not even allow them to breed! Sounded like he was being responsible, as opposed to being automatically determined to have puppies.

But that's a forum for you, lots of misunderstandings can happen! That's why I always like to double check and ask people just in case I am misreading them XD
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #28 
1fishBlueFish

Male cats. I have a preference for neither personality wise. I got Darcy (she's a retired Maine Coon breeder female) she was already spayed. I have a fear of dealing with females getting spayed. So my other three cats? Are boys because they were kittens when I got them and neutering is less traumatic for someone who has anxiety about that stuff.

I like Female bunnies best just because personally I found them to have more personality (Don't have any now but used to)
1fishBlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #29 
Marlboroack

I just buy them in pairs!
Marlboroack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #30 
Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
It's true, it's difficult to judge how people will take your wording. I took his words as the opposite--possible mate meaning that he is studying and wants to make sure it will work out--the 'possible' meaning he may not even allow them to breed! Sounded like he was being responsible, as opposed to being automatically determined to have puppies.

But that's a forum for you, lots of misunderstandings can happen! That's why I always like to double check and ask people just in case I am misreading them XD
Thanks, PM! I owe you one.