Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #1 
bllauben

Playing dead...

I am wondering if my betta is the only one who does this or if it is a common thing.

When I get up in the morning, I find my betta lying on his side at the bottom of the tank, motionless, sleeping. He's not sick or anything. Just something he does. Has since the moment I got him. Used to freak me out. Now, it's just something I expect out of him. Sometimes he is in such a deep sleep that I have to wake him up for breakfast. Other times, he's awake before I am.

Does anyone else have a betta who does this? Just wondering.

--Beth
bllauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #2 
Rosso1011

I've only seen my betta fall into a really deep sleep once and it was kinda scary. Only difference is he sleeps in his temple, usually top floor, but I've caught him sleeping on the bottom floor as well. My guess is that he's probably sleeping more at night and waking up before I do.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #3 
hemingway

My betta likes to form himself into hollows in the gravel and shape himself onto the Anubius leaves that we have in his aquarium. Apparently you can by hammocks for them.

Edit: It usually takes my betta about an hour or to to rouse from his "sleep", if you can call it that, before he will be interested in eating.

Last edited by hemingway; 02-09-2012 at 10:14 AM.
hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #4 
Myates

I have one boy, my oldest one, who likes to sleep with his head in his cave and tail out.. when I turn on the lights sometimes it doesn't wake him. Eventually he comes around, when he realizes I'm feeding all the others near him lol.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote