Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #1 
chrissylee13

Question now that my fish are all better... what do i do?

so both of my males are now healthy. their both eating a lot again and swimming around their cups trying to escape. lol. so now what do i do? can i release them both back into the 10 gallon? i'm still unsure if what caused their clamping was JUST the temperature from a failed heater or if something was in the water. just to be safe should i do a large water change? if so.. how much?
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #2 
tf1265

I don't know the background story to this (sorry), but yes, do a large water change. I assume this is a 10 gallon divided tank for the 2 males?

If your tank is cycled, I would do about a 50% water change to preserve the bacteria. If your tank is not cycled, do a 100% water change. If clamped fins were the only symptom, it was probably an environmental thing that was bothering them. If there were other symptoms then it might be something IN your tank.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #3 
SwimmR

I also don't know the background story, but if you had a failed heater that would definitely explain the clamped fins - probably nothing wrong with the water except it was too chilly! Glad your boys are feeling better.
SwimmR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #4 
chrissylee13

well, the only reason why i'm asking is because i lost a male. it's divided 3 ways. the one i lost may have been more sensitive i'm thinking and i think the stress just got to him much more. but i'm going to do the 50% water change anyways and introduce them back in. thanks for the replies! :]
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote