Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #21 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoerr View Post
On my 29g I run 2 Aquaclear filters. To prevent fish/ plants from getting stuck to the intake I use spare Aquaclear sponges with a slit cut into them so that it looks like this + in the middle. The intake tube will slip onto the sponge very easily and the sponge will not come off without pulling. Works great. You can buy the Aquaclear 70 sponges and cut them to make multiple intake covers. They are very easy to clean as well. All that you have to do is squeze it in a bucket of tank water.

alright! i'll let my mom know... and see if she can buy me some...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #22 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by styggian View Post

This is my tank. It's 15 gallons with a large 30 gallon filter. I still don't feel that I have enough plants, real or fake, and will be adding many more anubias and java fern soon, as well as some extra driftwood. I've seen the photo of your tank, it really doesn't have enough cover and decorations for the fish to hide and escape aggression. The safest thing for your animals right now is separation until you can create a proper set up. I'm not trying to be mean, but you do seem very determined not to take advice from people with experience with flourishing sororities. It's expensive to do it right, but that's the price we pay for what we want.

they hide.....sometimes i have to move stuff around to find them.... and i do appreciate the advice....but i dont have divider , materials atm... and i'd rather buy a tank and save up for a filter than divide it more.... my filter may not be strong enough to clean through so many dividers... i'll see what i can do...and i will buy more silk plants... i make cubby holes out of plastic cups....
and they like them.... i do appreciate you advice though even though you may not feel it, i am absorbing what your telling me.....im sorry....
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #23 
Myates

Whisper filter for $17
Lee's filter $15
AquaTech filter $11

You can also look around for kits, normally a 10 gallon with hood/light/filter is $50-$60
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #24 
MistersMom

really? thats cheap..... i think... ?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #25 
styggian

The 15gal kit with hood, filter, and heater is available at Petco and I think it's still on sale for 40 dollars, normally 80. If there's a Petco near you, might be worth looking into. A kit on sale is cheaper than buying the parts individually. My Marina 30gal filter was on sale for 30 dollars, normally 40, so I know they can get really expensive.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #26 
MistersMom

i have that aquatech one...dude i want that lees one haha the bio filter? its awesome...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #27 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by styggian View Post
The 15gal kit with hood, filter, and heater is available at Petco and I think it's still on sale for 40 dollars, normally 80. If there's a Petco near you, might be worth looking into. A kit on sale is cheaper than buying the parts individually. My Marina 30gal filter was on sale for 30 dollars, normally 40, so I know they can get really expensive.
one an hour away, i bet its worth the drive!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #28 
ldoerr

I have gotten Aquaclear 20 filters on amazon.com for $18. Whatever filter that you get it needs to be rated for double the tank size that you have. (ex: a 10g tank would need a filter ment for a 20g tank).
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote