Sorry to butt in on someone else's thread but I was wondering if I could bug you snail experts an issue I have.
I have a mystery/apple snail, black (not that that should matter) it's injured (I think), his shell is cracked, it has been since I got him, but he's still been a happy piggy snail. But I think Monday I found him not moving. I pulled him out and cupped him with a bit of algae wafer, still didn't move, at all. He doesn't stink, he acts dead, he plays dead. I was about to throw him out cause I thought he was dead, had him in a ziploc baggie with a bit of water, and I see the mouth poking out. He's alive.
Is there anything I can do for him (fairly sure its a him), and what would be the best course of action for treatment. He was in my 33 gal, I think the PH is 6.8 ish, live plants, 0 ammonia, I think the nitrites ates? were about 10. (not sure if the info was helpful).