Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #11 
Myates

Male, who has been overfed.. my DTCT and CT get large bellies similar to that very easily, and will hold it for hours. Especially when smaller- Spyro is large, and doesn't get too bad, Frazzle who is small gets such a big belly at only 2 pellets. They don't get any more food then any of my other fish- it's just the way the breed style is for them and their body style.
I say that guy is excessive, but a rounded belly after a meal for a CT can easily look like bloat.

Fish don't become fat like we do- they don't develop fat- their stomachs expand to fit the food, then go down as the food is processed out. Instead of fat, bettas (like all other fish) just continue to grow their whole lives- never stop. They go through spurts, and they slow down tremendously the older they are, but fish never stop growing. There is no reason to feed that much to a fish to cause it to become that large- but that's just my opinion.

<looks over at Frazzle who has a pot belly almost as big as that from this morning's breakfast> Yeah.. I either not give him enough nutrition or give him 2 pellets and he become extended like that. I don't have many options when it comes to my DTCT.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote