Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 
jesden

What color is this?

Hi, these are my daughters first bettas. The male is your typical VT from the pet store, and the female we got there as well. But, I cant pinpoint her color. They said she was a dragon, and she looked like a platinum pearl blue at purchase, but after clean up, she turned out like this. This pic shows one of her many sides, with more gold. but other times she is more of that mauve color with the pearl iridescent shine. I don't know what she is. any thoughts or advice?
Attached Images

jesden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #2 
PitGurl

Your female looks like a plakat male to me. Hard to tell from the photo though. Just some advice...your tank is way to small for one betta let alone two. I suggest one gallon per betta, some people say two gallons. The smaller the tank the more water changes. In something the size of yours it needs to be 100% water changes per day. Bettas are tropical fish and need a heater to keep their water 78 to 80 degrees. A 1/2 gallon tank is almost impossible to heat. If I were you I'd consider getting a larger tank.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #3 
jesden

Ok, i thought it might be a plakat male as well, but there is a "white spot" on the belly and no visible bib unless it is flared.

The tank in the pic was just an initial set up. Lol they are in their own individual bowls with plenty of room and decor.

Thanks for the advice!
jesden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #4 
PitGurl

Ok, cool about the tanks.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #5 
BeautifulBetta

HoLY! Male or female, thats a gorgeous fish!! The gold and purple combo is awesome!! The VT boy is a cutie too! :D Great choices <3
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote