Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #11 
Silverfang

IPhone.... I'd never buy one. Too accident prone. Granted I only got my smart phone last summer. Still have my indestructible Motorola brick.

I like the simplicity of the WP7 UI, but god help us all if they model W8 after that. 7 scored, but of they mess up in 8, I'll either be virtual boxing or learning to love Linux.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #12 
AcrimoniousArbiter

Boo! I'm studying Computer Engineering and am in my second semester of Computer Programming stuff. We use JAVA, which can be picky. But you can't deny it's influence and modular design

I've also built my computer I'm using now, which was a nice learning experience too!
AcrimoniousArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #13 
Silverfang

Mmm own computer... hey, I've got a laptop, makes it hard to make myself.

As for the influence, well that's why Java was decided on. Ever get to play with a server? My friend wad fortunate enough to get to assemble an install a rackmounted server.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #14 
ifish

I look forward to Windows 8 tablets. Hopefully as a developer, I can snag one for free for developememt purposes.

Also, my main machines are laptops, but I have really old desktops I use as house servers. Like one works as a NAS and logs a lot of stuff. The other is hosting files for my git and stuff
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #15 
AcrimoniousArbiter

Never messed with server rooms, though I have been in a few ones with the floor tiles and such (networking gives me a headache lol). Oh and that "Boo!" from before wasn't negative, it was supposed to be like a greeting

And I'm trying to positive for Windows 8, especially with the possibility to run on multiple hardware platforms. I hope Microsoft breaks their release pattern, where every other windows release is awful.
AcrimoniousArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #16 
Silverfang

95, enough said
Old 02-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #17 
ifish

I remember as a kid, my cousin trying to teach me how to use MS-DOS 4(?) and I had to code for that I think. Load it all into the RAM, was cool. I don't remember the exact specs. But I remember jumping from that to Windows 95, and it was like "whoa"
Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #18 
ifish

If anybody wants to see what I'm actively working on that I have open-sourced, you can check it out here. Warning: I break my own code fairly often but fix it ASAP. https://github.com/ifish12/Spotify-to-Twitter

What I linked to is my active project. It was a long way to go, like, it need to become an application that lives in the menubar on OS X, and needs a preference panel to pick what Twitter client you use. As of right now, until I add said panel, it posts via Twitter for Mac(ONLY). I whipped the first part of this up in like an hour, but ever since then(last saturday) I've added code, and such!

I hope to open-souce some of my other projects, but I have a hard time doing such when my projects don't start public, it's like "I feel I should keep this to myself" kinda thing.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #19 
xjenuhfur

ohoh yay more programmers! I'm a computer engineering major && I'm currently sitting in my 3rd level c++ class. Ahh yes, object oriented programming. So fun. -_- My professor tends to get a little off topic all the time, and just answered his cell phone in class. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually learning anything.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote