Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #5471 
mardi

Name:  Bowie new home.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  29.8 KB

This is what I was working on while watching the puppy bowl on Sunday. My Bowie had been sick for several weeks over the last month; however, he finally seems to be feeling better. In celebration of his feeling better, I decided to tackle cleaning out his tank and re-decorating it in anticipation for his return.

He has a new, Fluval heater, since his Top Fin one crapped out on me. A couple of silk plants, a betta log and moss ball are the only things not included in the pic, that will be added with him; the plants and moss ball are in his 1 gallon "rehab" tank, which he'll be in until the tank cycles again.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #5472 
Aus

All these tanks are beautiful and really inspiring! I love the look of planted tanks, but the unplanted ones are all so cheerful and bright. Well done, everyone.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #5473 
Wildehund

Added another decoration to Jarvis' tank, he seems to really appreciate the extra hiding spot!

Wildehund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #5474 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by missm83 View Post
Reds tank (i do have a filter just need to get the filter cartridge for it so its not in the tank yet) ITS not much but he seems to like it, 2nd day i had him he made a bubble nest
It's a great setup. Solo betta's can thrive in your size tank, nice job.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #5475 
MistersMom

:D very pretty tank!!! and here soon, ill post a picture of my sorority..!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #5476 
BettasRpeople2

Here is my tank. He really seems to like it, and I enjoy having him on my desk to keep me company.
Attached Images

BettasRpeople2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #5477 
BettasRpeople2

And here is my son's tank. It is the same kind but a little smaller. We just upgraded him from a 1.5 gal, so little Bruce is loving it! He has some favorite hidey spots in the plants on the left.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #5478 
Myates

Lovely tanks everyone!

BettasR-
I have that cave in the second picture.. be aware that the spikey plant on it can (and does) cause ripped fins.. I am not particularly a fan of the cave, looks wise.. but had gotten it as a place holder for one of my boys, he loves it so much that I can't get rid of it. I had to cut off the plant, because he would continuously rip his fins on it (he sleeps with his head in and tail out of it).
Spiky/pointy plants will cause ripped fins at some point.. just thought I'd warn you.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #5479 
BettasRpeople2

Thanks Myates. Bruce hasn't had any trouble with it so far, probably because he doesn't have long fins, but I will keep an eye on it. My son loves that cave; his grandma gave it to him. Little Brucey doesn't really use it anymore now that he has all those nice plants to rest in. Maybe I can take the plant off? My son might freak out.

I am a little worried about the end of the flowered plant in my tank, though. I am thinking I will do something with that next time I change water. It looks like a fin disaster just waiting to happen for my CT.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #5480 
djembekah

so this is Swish Copernicus's tank. the first night it was bare bottomed, then yesterday i added the rocks, and today i added a fake plant and cave. he seems to like it. he's got some hiding places now! but i'm already planning on a five gallon tank within the next month. he likes his space but he needs more!!!

also you really can't see his color in my pictures. i need a better camera!

edit: and you can see a lovely reflection of the tv in that picture. lol.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank