Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #21 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiessa View Post
I will vouch for Linda Olson. She's super nice, held my hand through the buying/shipping process, and takes fantastic care of your fish for the short time she has them. I was nervous, too, but the whole thing was a breeze, and my boys got here looking fat and happy. ;)

And whatever you call that guy...he's gorgeous.
How much extra is shipping with a transhipper?
Jenniffer is closer, but if Linda would be easier to use for first time I will... would that affect cost any?
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #22 
JKfish

I've only bought a betta once from an overseas shipper, but my experience was wonderful. Jennifer was my transhipper, and she was easy to work with and very friendly. My boy had arrived to me in absolutely wonderful conditions (he was fully colored, all his fins were intact, etc) She packs wonderfully, and you know that even with rough rides the fish is fine.

From what I've gathered and heard from them, both Linda and Jennifer are super professional, and offer great services; it's just a matter of choosing who is closest.

Jennifer has a website with all the transhipping information (luvmybetta.com) You just need to click on the transhipper costomer button.

Unfortunately, the transhipper and shipping fees end up being rather much. However, seeing as you ought to recieve your little guy safe and sound, it's well worth it IMO.
Jennifer's fees are as follows:

2.50 import
2.00 handling
5.00 box fee (if you mail the box back to her, she'll give the 5.00$ back)
2.00 heat pack
10-28$ shipping fees (depends on if you go with express or priority)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #23 
angiessa

That's pretty close to the same cost from Linda.
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
I've always thought of bettas with his coloration/markings as Koi's.... but thats what I heard them called before I knew anything about it being a breeders specific "title".... but I guess technically he would be considered a mulit-colored marble
Would you say hes a Delta or a SD?
I agree. It has a lot to do with which you hear first. It's like the actual word (Betta). Some people pronounce it (Bet-Tuh) While others like myself pronounce it (Bay-Tuh). My first response of reading it was Bay-Tuh while others betta.

Anyway, I would say that he is a Super Delta because he is SO close to the HM 180 spread. If he was a delta his caudal will look like this:

(The male on the right)

a better example:
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #25 
LittleBettas

Thank you All!!!!
The seller emailed me back and asked me to email a transhipper for service fees, once I hear back from Jenniffer (she is closest to me) I will place a bid (If I haven't heard from her by tomorrow evening I will go ahead and place the bid and email the seller and let him know I am waiting to hear from the transhipper still)

Is there anything else I need to do?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #26 
sharka91

dalmations should have smaller, speckled spots of one color. koi bettas have more coverage with the colors and can have more than 1 color. he looks like a koi to me.... I'm tempted to get him now.... why'd you post this?!
sharka91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #27 
JKfish

once the auction is over, the seller will email you telling you how much you have to pay (the price of the fish plus $5 for export/shipping fees to the USA). In either the same email or another email after you pay him, he will want to double check which transshipper you want to use. Tell him who you want as your transshipper.

Breeders ship out their fish on Mondays I do believe, and transshippers recieve them on the next day. If you pay your trans-shipper in advance, she (or at least Jennifer) will go ahead and ship your betta either that day or the very next day (I can't remember). If you don't, you have to wait another day or so before she is able to ship yours. Even if you don't pay ahead of time, she takes good care of the bettas. I'm pretty sure she removes them from their bags and lets them recooperate in clean heated barracks until she's ready to bag and ship them out.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #28 
Luimeril

Dal spots are generally ONLY on the fins. the fish doesn't HAVE to be orange, or a variation of orange, but the spots are only on the fins.

many call bettas who have spots all over Dals, but they're not. >3> the boy linked, is a Koi.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #29 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharka91 View Post
dalmations should have smaller, speckled spots of one color. koi bettas have more coverage with the colors and can have more than 1 color. he looks like a koi to me.... I'm tempted to get him now.... why'd you post this?!
Thats what I thought... I wasn't planning to get him!!! I have been staying away from using a transhipper... but I finally gave in and put my bid on him
Old 02-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #30 
Shirleythebetta

Hey guys, I just found this webpage and thought it was cool. It mentions what they are normally called and even the creative names people come up with for them. It's neat, check it out.

http://www.bettasrus.net/bcorner/colors/index.htm
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote