Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #21 
Tikibirds

I think I still subconsiously think all pretty dogs are female..thats may explane why my male is named bubbles...

There is a petco opening up here next week. I wonder what advice i'll get from them...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #22 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiceP View Post
I work at a LPS and if I don't know the answer to something I openly admit it, then ask the customer if they mind if I look it up for them (so I can learn the answer) or I'll ask another coworker... If I were shopping at a store I'd rather someone do that then pretend to know the answer and make something up... What a jerk!
That's the way it should be done. I'm glad you are willing to go look up the info to learn more about it for yourself and for others in the future. I know alot about Bettas and other fish, but I sure am still learning. :)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #23 
SnowySurface

Some dogs look male and some dogs look female to me. Like, if I see a Great Dane, I'm going to think male immediately because of the size, droopy face, and the way they walk. With Chiz Tsu (spelling?) I think female because of size and the long flowing coat. I think that is what's interesting about bettas to me. The males are the really pretty ones with long flowing fins and bright colors and the females are the low key ones. If I was still a little kid I would believe male bettas are too pretty to be anything but girls. lol

From my experience, Petco can be really good or really bad when it comes to fish info. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope for a really good one. -_-
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #24 
chrissylee13

^ i think this is why my fiance started calling my male bettas "tranny fish"
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #25 
xjenuhfur

I can't imagine a grown person being that dense though. But, I guess he's only there for his whatever an hour, he doesn't need to be educated. But he should.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #26 
xjenuhfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
^ i think this is why my fiance started calling my male bettas "tranny fish"
What about peacocks?
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #27 
chrissylee13

haha probably! i think they look more girly than a betta. well unless the betta is pink. :]
Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #28 
MandiceP

I love how most people call female peacocks "female peacocks" and don't realize they are really peahens! lol!

I ask people what their dog's name is when I meet it in the store and use that to determine male/female... unless it is a gender neutral name... In that case I flat out ask! LOL

I wish every LPS employee was like me. I feel like there are so many bad ones out there that people think I'm trying to hoax them when they come in. I just want what's best for the animals and to keep the people happy in the process. Le Sigh!
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #29 
chrissylee13

Quote:
I love how most people call female peacocks "female peacocks" and don't realize they are really peahens! lol!
i actually didn't know that.. but any information about birds isn't really my expertise. thanks for the info!!

Quote:
I ask people what their dog's name is when I meet it in the store and use that to determine male/female... unless it is a gender neutral name... In that case I flat out ask! LOL

I wish every LPS employee was like me. I feel like there are so many bad ones out there that people think I'm trying to hoax them when they come in. I just want what's best for the animals and to keep the people happy in the process. Le Sigh!
and i totally agree with you there. i wish more were like me, and you! i feel like some people really think i'm lying to them just to get them to buy more stuff and when in all honesty, i just want whats best for the animals just like you!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #30 
SlinkyInk

There is one employee at my local Petsmart that I trust with his knowledge, but he's the only one.

And it's funny about the dogs. I happen to have a very pretty dog and everyone thinks he's female! And you can't really tell by his name, Adzuki. So I just correct them. I can't resist, I have to share a pic of my puppy:

SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote