Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #5481 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettasRpeople2 View Post
Thanks Myates. Bruce hasn't had any trouble with it so far, probably because he doesn't have long fins, but I will keep an eye on it. My son loves that cave; his grandma gave it to him. Little Brucey doesn't really use it anymore now that he has all those nice plants to rest in. Maybe I can take the plant off? My son might freak out.

I am a little worried about the end of the flowered plant in my tank, though. I am thinking I will do something with that next time I change water. It looks like a fin disaster just waiting to happen for my CT.
lol if it hasn't happened, then leave it in there.. just know if you see a split fin, that's most likely the culprit. My guy just adores it.. it was the only thing I could find that fit decently in the one gallon.. when I upgraded his tank, I upgraded his decor.. I gave it back to him not too long ago, when I had to QT him for salt treatment (he didn't react too well to some tea tannin) and it was like he never had forgotten about it- immediately went into it and kept poking his head out like a turtle, like he used to do all the time lol. So when he returned to his home tank I put it in there since I felt bad taking it away after he used it to recluse to when he was sick.

If it's soft enough, the flowered plant may not do anything.. Sometimes I will snip off the points if I think they are too.. pointy. CTs tend not to get their fins split too easily, as their fins are naturally split for the most part.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #5482 
LionCalie

Here is my divided 10 gallon.

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #5483 
BettasRpeople2

Ooh I like that Lion.
BettasRpeople2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #5484 
MistersMom

pretty ten gallon!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #5485 
MadameDesu

First Time Fish Owner :)

I don't have my little boy yet (he'll be arriving express mail on Tuesday of next week if it all goes well), but here's the home I have set up for him!
It's a 2.5 gal Kritter Keeper with a pineapple house, silk plant, and leaf hammock.
The heater is a Hydor Theo 25 watt that hasn't been working well at all and will soon be replaced with a Cascade 25 watt.
Attached Images

MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #5486 
ozzysangel

Ryou

Here is my bettas new home :) He was in a small betta bowl when i first got him now he is in a 2.5 gallon and he is loving it!
Attached Images

ozzysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #5487 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
I don't have my little boy yet (he'll be arriving express mail on Tuesday of next week if it all goes well), but here's the home I have set up for him!
It's a 2.5 gal Kritter Keeper with a pineapple house, silk plant, and leaf hammock.
The heater is a Hydor Theo 25 watt that hasn't been working well at all and will soon be replaced with a Cascade 25 watt.

omgosh, i luv ur little kritter keeper, i have on for my Sir....uhm... where did you get the leaf hammock though??
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #5488 
Fawnleaf

@ozzysangel

Are you sure your guppies are alright? Are you planning on permanently keeping them in the 2.5 gallon? Not only will it get a little cramped, but guppies are tail biters. Don't be surprised if one day you check in on your little guy and his tail is in shreds. It happened to me :(
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #5489 
JBosley

This is Dragonfly's new home! It is a 5 gallon Fluval Chi I made a make-shift lid out of a tub mat haha.
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #5490 
Myates

Nice tanks everyone!

Madame- you can actually put more water into that KK to almost the top- less water means it's not a 2.5 gallon. Just use a large cup to take out water when doing the 100% if you are afraid of carrying it full. But he would appreciate the added half gallon or so that is at the top :) Can't wait to see him in his new home!

Ozzy- have to agree with Fawn, a 2.5 is no where near big enough to hold multiple fish- anything below 10 shouldn't have more then one fish in it- as the tank is not big enough to hold the bio load it's carrying right now with the guppies. And as mentioned, it being a smaller tank you are cramping them in close- some bettas don't do well with other fish and in small tank they will feel closed in and can be ticking time bombs waiting to go off- same with the guppies- they will go after the betta, and since the tank is bare, there is no place for them to hide in. Definitely recommended to rehome the guppies into 10 gallons + cycled tank.. the 2.5 will never be cycled and that can affect their health.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank