Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #11 
fraviz

It seems to be working..... but maybe you can put a couple of plants on the divider wall.. so they do not see each other that mucha and get stressed....
fraviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #12 
bitsoglass

The bettas aren't actually the problem, this morning I saw them both laying next to the divider just hanging out. It's the shrimps I am worried about.. While my one betta doesn't seem to mind them, my other seems skittish of them. And I can't just put them both on one side because one of them keeps changing sides of the tank by squeezing through this little hole that's only big enough for him
bitsoglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #13 
ordieadams

My betta lives with 2 corys, 3 octos, 1 neon, 1 glow light and they have been living happily together for the last six months.
ordieadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #14 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordieadams View Post
My betta lives with 2 corys, 3 octos, 1 neon, 1 glow light and they have been living happily together for the last six months.
I don't know what size your tank is so I can't comment on the bioload in the tank. I will say that cories, neon tetras, and glow light tetras are all schooling fish. As schooling fish they would be much happier with proper size groups. Cories should be kept in groups of at least 4 members of the same species. Neon tetras should be kept in a group of 5 minimum as should glow light tetras. Ideally you should get more cories, neons, and glow lights. Of course this depends on the size of your tank but as schooling fish those three species would all be happier with more of the same fish.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #15 
ordieadams

they all seem very happy and active, they all eat well and are always swimming around
ordieadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #16 
kfryman

They can seem happy, just like people, but can actually be stressed or lonely or depressed. Just because you see someone taking a walk and they eat does that mean they are happy? Not trying to say that you aren't a good keeper, but part of fish keeping is meeting ALL of the fish's requirements.

To the OP, for the shrimp you can try to fix that area where he gets through. Also that could get bigger and one of the bettas may go on the other side.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #17 
daniomania

LOL thats cute!!!!!! yeah i had one of those shrimps...and it wasnt very pretty...my betta killed it!!!! i thin kthey have species rivarly!
daniomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #18 
TorisExtraordinaryBettas

The neons are fine so are the shrimp... it also depends on the bettas temperment, i had a male betta who lived in a 30gal tank with 6 tetras and 10male guppies and he did amazing until i put 2 mollies in there then my betta got agressive... only two the mollies tho; sooo i wouldnt do mollies
TorisExtraordinaryBettas is offline   Reply With Quote