Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #11 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I would love to see a pic of the male flareing. I didn't see a bent spine on the female, but maybe I just don't know where to look?
Yea that's why I said possibly, she looks like she could be short bodied which can be caused by a bent spine but not always.
It's hard to tell from all the pics but in the shot of her body, she looked like her back arches up and doesn't have the length it should.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #12 
Bettas Rule
Banned

You are just gonna have to do what you think is right. Just be prepared to cull a lot of the fry if I am right about your female.

For example I posted my double-tail female lily, her body has good length and her back is not arched.
Name:  new 018.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  71.9 KB

Here is the fish with a red background to show her back . It's hard to see because of the clay pot.
Name:  female1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  20.0 KB
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #13 
animallover4lyfe

I seee thanks for pointing it out. I havent decided to breed completelt yet and i would only be breeding for fun since this is only my second time around. Thanks for everyones opinion, i will post more pictures of the male and female flaring when i have a chance!
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote