Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #1 
debit202

Question beta and dwarfs?

I've finally got my beta set up in a six gallon eheim tank with live plants. I'm thinjing about adding other fish/amphibians. What do you think about adding 2 dwarf frogs? Those are so darn cutr-tank height is about 15"
debit202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

ADFs aren't super-strong swimmers, so they could struggle with the height, and there are problems with keeping them with bettas (bad eyesight leads to biting fish tails, you need to spot feed them etc). Personally, I wouldn't do it in that tank.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #3 
Gizmothefreaky

You can easily do ADFs in a tall tank if you have plants they can rest on at several levels. They are not as poor swimmers as you would think. I have two in my thirty gallon breeder right now and they get to the surface just fine. I have also never had a problem with them biting fins.

My reason for telling you not to do it though is simple, there is not enough tank volume to support two ADFs and a betta in a six gallon. Smallest i would say is ten gallons for two ADFs and a betta.

I would suggest also that you dont add other fish. Try shrimp and snails for some extra life.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote