Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #11 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco21 View Post
I don't know what to do. I feel like I should throw everything out, but everywhere I am reading says it is perfectly safe. That bleach can be neutralized by using boiling water and then letting everything sit in the sun for a few days. The sun destroys the chlorine in the bleach and all that is left is salt.

This isn't a must do situation. My Betta is in a 2 gallon right now. This was just given to me for free, so I wanted to try and use it.
Oh, I completely forgot about sunlight and didn't notice you live in Miami. If you have a backyard, leave everything in the sun. If you don't have a backyard, then you can follow the instructions I posted a few minutes ago. Either one will work.

I live in an apartment in the state of NY and it's winter. Not only do I not have a private backyard but I won't have good sunlight for a few more months. I keep forgetting everything I suggest is based off of living in an urban part of American.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #12 
Falco21

Yes she did used diluted bleach. Way more water then bleach. She claims that she has used this method a zillion times before with her tanks, and it has never killed a fish. I think I am just going to try washing them thoroughly plenty of times. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. No harm done. I will just stick with my original tank.

Yeah, here in Miami the sun is out 24/7 LOL Leaving them in the sun for days isn't an issue at all. Especially considering I live on 3 acres. =)
Falco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #13 
Tobythefish

I'd toss the decorations. As long as you let the sun take care of the chlorine, all you have do is rinse the tank to get rid of the salt.
Tobythefish is offline   Reply With Quote