Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #11 
Thomasdog

Its amazing how something so small as those fry can grow up to be our beautiful bettas.... the world sure does work in wonderous ways. I still thank the person who bred my veiltail every day, even though I have been discouraged from breeding them... in my opinion, veiltails have more personality! Wel... maybe its just me... :)
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #12 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
Its amazing how something so small as those fry can grow up to be our beautiful bettas.... the world sure does work in wonderous ways. I still thank the person who bred my veiltail every day, even though I have been discouraged from breeding them... in my opinion, veiltails have more personality! Wel... maybe its just me... :)
Ya know, That is EXACTLY what I was just thinking. It truly is remarkable!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
Absolutely!
The discouragement isn't really because they aren't beautiful. I think VT are stunning in their own way. The problem with breeding VTs is that there's very little market for them so it would be very hard to even give away grown up VTs. Unless you're willing to donate them or keep all the fish (in some cases 100+) is not a good idea to breed VTs. It's much easier to find homes for HMs and HMPKs because people will be more willing to spend the money on them.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #14 
jibruno

if anyone could answer-

theyre all free swimming now, and i have live plants that have been there for 2 weeks so im going to assume i have infusoria, everyone says youll see it in their stomach if theyre eating it but theyre soo small, should i just have faith that its there and wait?
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #15 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibruno View Post
if anyone could answer-

theyre all free swimming now, and i have live plants that have been there for 2 weeks so im going to assume i have infusoria, everyone says youll see it in their stomach if theyre eating it but theyre soo small, should i just have faith that its there and wait?
I would say yes have faith. I dont feed my fry until they are 1 week old and then I start them on BBS. Make sure you are very careful with adding things. If you have had plants in there for 2 weeks you are sure to have infusoria!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote