Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #21 
djembekah

I have like nothing left of my paycheck right now, otherwise i'd go find another little guy. i might go look again next paycheck, but i also really want to get a bigger tank for Swish. Ugh its so hard! I want to save all the fishie babies, but i have to also take care of the baby i've got!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #22 
animallover

I agree! Besides wanting to give them a better home, Betta's are my week point :). Petsmart,I can control myself- except when I got "Mint". Walmart, I have to avoid the entire pet section because I feel so bad about them, I just want to get the Betta's out of there. I'm out of spots and cash too! My Petsmart bill today for the fish and Gerbils was about $160! I'm not even close to done! Now, I have to decorate all the tanks more. Oh well. One day :) Do you know which tank your going to get Swish?
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #23 
djembekah

I'm planning on the tank linked to in the "What to get for your five gallon tank" thread. its a good price and it'll fit right in at my house. right now he's just in a one gallon. i get paid next week though, so i'm going to order it and a heater. he seems to do okay in water between 68-74 degrees but i know its not ideal in any way, shape, or form. unfortunately i figured that out after i'd spent too much on other dumb things. but i want that 5 gallon for sure, and the heater, and a few other things. i'm making a shopping list :)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #24 
animallover

Cool tank. With all my tanks, children's stuff and mine, we are maxed out space wise :) Hopefully a couple dogs in the future though!

I think he will love that new tank! Pictures please :) I need a camera, my cell just doesn't do my fish justice :) I got to get them up lol Take care.
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #25 
djembekah

Yeah. I'm 21 and still live with my parents, and have four younger siblings. So there isn't a TON of space, so I probably can't get many more fish, but a bigger tank for sure. I have some pics of Swish in his 1 gallon, but they aren't very good either. The don't do his color justice! i'll post a few here though :)

here's his little tank

here's a pic of him- though it doesn't show his color well

you can see his color a little better here but still not great

and i think this one is just cute :3
Old 02-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #26 
Lillybulb

I have two wal-marts close to me. The smaller one keeps their fish in horrible conditions. I find myself constantly putting dead bettas towards the front so the employees see them and discard of them. On the other hand my wall-mart supper center is pretty good with their fish (all of them ) The bettas there seem to be in better condition then my petsmart. I was always against buying fish from wall-mart until I wanted a female betta (my lfs or petsmart doesn't have them) so I gave in and bought a cute little female barely an inch long (fins included) I just fell in love with the little thing and she is doing great
Since then I have gotten 2 other females but isn't going so well... One died from what I think reoccurring fungal infection... and another on I bought 3 days ago seems to have a parasite. Hope I have luck with this one :c

Last edited by Lillybulb; 02-17-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Lillybulb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evil, walmart