Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #1 
Shirleythebetta

Best two days EVER!

Okay, In two weeks I am getting married to this wonderful man! But that is off subject. I am so happy this may jump a little.

DAY ONE:Friday
First thing that happens (6a.m.) my college made a mistake on my FASFA and sent me 300 dollars worth of Microsoft merchandise for NOTHING. Awesome start.... My fiance (Jeff) gets home at 7a.m. (he works 3rd) and had checked the mail. We find out that both his school tax refund and his state tax refund came and he wanted to stay up and go cash it. So we leave the house at about 8:30 a.m. and he takes me around walmart and lets me pic out two new fish tanks for my new guys. He cashes his checks and we head to Jack's Aquarium and I get to pic out enough plants (fake) to stock my sorority. I tell you my gals are in a jungle now. We get home and I am all excited about my new goodies and he gets a call that his big refund is in, the Federal! We go cash it and pay off our entire months bills and put back money for shopping saturday.

DAY TWO:Saturday
Today was amazingly fun. Even though my neice made fun of my new glasses . My neice who is the love of my life took me aside at ten years old and told me how happy she was that I was getting married to Jeff. She told me that she loved him and she was so happy. She grown up so much . What she said had me grinning. We also went thrift store shopping and I found my girls an igloo and all my boys have their own glass cave. So exciting when you get stuff like this so cheap!
Later when visiting my parents my dad decided on a spur of the moment hour and a half long drive to a new fish store he heard about. This place was incredible. They took wonderful care of thier fish and had some neat interaction for people. They had every fish you could think of but bettas because ther recognize that they need different care! weird eh? I had such an amazing day and I had to share it along with some pics of this incredible shop enjoy, the pics are of an enormous fish (I think an angel) a stingray that freaked my mother out, she was leaning on his tank and he slithered up the wall and touched her hand. Ugh that was so funny to see my mom squeal like a little girl. A few pics of their amazing Koi pond and one pic is my worn out neice in front of the oscar tank. Aquatic Aquariums.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Talking rest of the pictures

Heres the rest!
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #3 
Jayy

Cool pics! They do sound like some pretty good days.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 
Jrf456

That sounds like a fun couple of days! Mainly getting all of those goodies from your fiance xD
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrf456 View Post
That sounds like a fun couple of days! Mainly getting all of those goodies from your fiance xD
Totally the presents are always the best part. Well, my mom getting touched by that ray was pretty hillarious though
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #6 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Totally the presents are always the best part. Well, my mom getting touched by that ray was pretty hillarious though
I bet! I can only imagine my own moms reaction to that. My boy Skyden is always flaring at everything and jumping up at you when you feed him. One time he apparently jumped in her hair one time when she took over feeding one night since I was spending the night at a friends house. Too bad I missed it!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #7 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrf456 View Post
I bet! I can only imagine my own moms reaction to that. My boy Skyden is always flaring at everything and jumping up at you when you feed him. One time he apparently jumped in her hair one time when she took over feeding one night since I was spending the night at a friends house. Too bad I missed it!
It is to bad you missed that! reminds me of my pet mouse that jumped in my hair. Moms are funny. That thing just slide right up that glass and wrapped three inches over her hand. Oh that was so funny. And I was a terrible daughter for watching this happen buuuuttt still worth it.

Here is my neice's impression when she saw it, She jumped backward and did one of these
Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #8 
Jrf456

Quote:
It is to bad you missed that! reminds me of my pet mouse that jumped in my hair. Moms are funny. That thing just slide right up that glass and wrapped three inches over her hand. Oh that was so funny. And I was a terrible daughter for watching this happen buuuuttt still worth it.

Here is my neice's impression when she saw it, She jumped backward and did one of these
LOL. Moms are funny. And apparently nieces are too! I wish I was there to see your moms reaction.. I know mine would have been about the same if a sting ray touched me.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 
Shirleythebetta

Yea they are very creepy. This is the first time any of us seen one in person and my mom is the one who it slimes. These guys where decent size too. abt 2 to 3 feet across. And def neices are funny. My mom got her with the oscars. My mom asked me if the oscars were the means ones I told her about. I said, "yea they are agressive" she walked up to them looking for teeth.... my neice followed her and got a couple inches from the glass and my mom says real sharp, "watch out kay they bite" and kay almost did a backflip to get her nose away from that one. Mom starts laughing and kay is white. She gave my mom the evil eye and went to find my dad. This was before the ray so mom got her own sort of payback.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #10 
Jrf456

Quote:
Yea they are very creepy. This is the first time any of us seen one in person and my mom is the one who it slimes. These guys where decent size too. abt 2 to 3 feet across. And def neices are funny. My mom got her with the oscars. My mom asked me if the oscars were the means ones I told her about. I said, "yea they are agressive" she walked up to them looking for teeth.... my neice followed her and got a couple inches from the glass and my mom says real sharp, "watch out kay they bite" and kay almost did a backflip to get her nose away from that one. Mom starts laughing and kay is white. She gave my mom the evil eye and went to find my dad. This was before the ray so mom got her own sort of payback.
I guess mommy found out karma pays in funny ways xD Is that her in the koi pond pic?