Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #1 
dormfish

Conditioning done... next step, intros...

I have conditioned my marble crowntail and roundtail female for the last few weeks. They are healthy and happy. I have tanks and containers, but now comes the tricky part... the intros. My gal of choice, Rosey, is a real sweety. I worry about how she and Kyle will get along.

I'm not new at breeding fish, but I am new at breeding Bettas. Any last minute advice?
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #2 
dormfish

Rosey is floating in the breeding tank now in half of a coca cola bottle (washed of course). After circling her for a second and getting in a good view, Kyle starts flaring. Rosey looks unphased, but the stripes are appearing on her side. A lot of color is coming to her fins, and she's keeping a close eye on him. Kyle is sort of hiding in a corner now. He'll come out, look at her, go back, blow a few bubbles, then repeat the process all over again. When he comes up to rosey's bottle, she'll tilt to the side towards him... eager girl!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #3 
djembekah

betta love at work SO ROMANTIC
no really this is cool. i'm going to follow ^-^
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #4 
dormfish

Took her out of the bottle, but he still wouldn't bubble nest. She was getting pretty stressed. I removed her. Perhaps I will try again another time. :(
Old 02-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #5 
djembekah

awe that's too bad :( i'm sorry
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #6 
BeautifulBetta

Gotta give 'em time! :D I'd leave my girls in their seperated sections for a couple days before I'd let them out. Or as soon as they looked ready and the male made a bubblenest. Sometimes it takes a while for instinct to kick in :) Breeding bettas is totally a waiting game haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote