Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #1 
iceyrose

Question Betta names

What's your bettas name? How did u come up with the name?
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #2 
iceyrose

Smile Neacco

I randomly came up with his name fits pritty well
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #3 
Aus

My daughter's a Sex Pistols fan, as I was at her age. She suggested "Sid Fishus", after bass player Sid Vicious (I'm actually more a fan of John Lydon, but you can't make a fish-pun out of that, lol).
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #4 
SlinkyInk

My betta is named Jayne Cobb. He's a character from the tv show Firefly. My ghost shrimp is Cousteau. I had a ghostie Jacques, but he died.
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #5 
Thebettaqueen

Well. I came up with Tony's name when I told my boyfriend that I was getting a new fish. He made up a joke about naming the fish after him and well. It ended up happening. Once poor Tony passed away, and I got a new Half moon, I also named him after my Boyfriend XD Which he finds adorable. When I got Jem, I wasn't really planning on getting another betta, but seeing a healthy Halfmoon Plakat I couldn't say no to him. He seemed so depressed in his little cup, and his Jem like colors striked me. Then I recently got Scout, who I named after a game I play xD
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #6 
betta lover1507

a name i had for a betta named"strawberry" is because sometimes she'll be sweet, other times she'll be sour :)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #7 
codexone

Mine are named oddly:

Senator - because he's red, white and blue.

Assassin - because he has a black head with tight dark blue body and flowing red robe finnage. Also he does a somersault!

Honey Mustard - because well, he looks like honey mustard. He usually picks a corner of the tank and sits there looking at my wife working on her computer, but this one time, he darted around the tank in quick circles and then crash landed on the gravel with his face down. That had to hurt.
codexone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #8 
xjenuhfur

Goblin was named after common monsters in video games. My ghost shrimps are named after programming code types, and the marimo is named after another monster. Goblin, Gremlin, int, bool, char, float. :)
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 
grim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
Goblin was named after common monsters in video games. My ghost shrimps are named after programming code types, and the marimo is named after another monster. Goblin, Gremlin, int, bool, char, float. :)
Teehee, programmer here also . Great idea with the shrimp, but can you actually tell them apart?!

I've raised two bettas until now:
- The first one was named "Insano", because his face reminded me of a sad clown puppet that I own and has the same name. Sadly, Insano past away a few years back (his time had come).
- The one that I got the other week has been given the name "Ghoul". He is white with red fins, and since I'm a huge fan of anything horror, it was just a matter of time until I started associating him with a blood soaked ghastly white figure roaming the graveyard :D

Last edited by grim; 02-20-2012 at 04:30 PM.
grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #10 
ZergyMonster

My betta's name is Blau, which is german for blue. I wish I could find bettas with the colors depicted in this forum they are so awesome looking but I'll stick with Blau until I move back out of my parents and into a home where I can put up MUCH MORE TANKS!!!!
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote