Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #3391 
TuiAndLa

Hi there, fishy people. :3 I just joined but have been lurking here for a while. lol I've suddenly gotten into bettas and have acquired 5 within a few weeks. xP Talk about addicting. 2 are from Petsmart (take care of them nicely) and 3 are from Walmart (HORRIBLE fish care, ugh). I swore to not buying another fish from there after the first but I couldn't help but take a look on my next visit and just HAD to get two absolutely gorgeous ones (white with blue fins and a purple one). I just could NOT leave them.

I just love how much personality these bettas have. Lotus and Aang especially, they dance and swim so fast when they see me. lol

Anyway, here is my first. His name is Lotus and he's a crowntail, the smallest and my favorite. He is a third the size of the Walmart bettas and is the friendliest and fearless. He's a steeley-blue-purple-tint with a couple red and white tips and all tips of his fins are turquoise but you have to look close. lol

TuiAndLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #3392 
TuiAndLa

Here is Aang. He and Lotus were bought at the same time (Petsmart). Mom bought Aang and didn't have "time" to take care of him, so I took him. :3 He's a beautiful half moon (pink/white with red and green). He's the one who loves to do this crazy dance when he sees me and will do so until I leave the room. lol

And here is my first Walmart fishy. His name is Sozin (yes, I'm a total Avatar nerd). =D Mom was rushing me and so I picked him without realizing his top fin was curled and he was SO skittish and just a mess. I thought he'd never unclamp his fins. Now his fins are lovely and he is a friendly lil' fella. ^_^

Old 02-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #3393 
TuiAndLa

And last but certainly not least, are the two I simple couldn't leave at Walmart. Kaito is the purple one, and the white/blue one is named Seishin (Spirit). I've had them less than a week so far so they haven't showed their personalities much yet. Seishin was scared as can be and would only hide for the first couple of days. But he's starting to get much more used to me and stay out of hiding. Kaito hasn't been skittish thankfully but is still adjusting to his new home too.

I know it looks like holes in their fins but it's not. It's the coloring, they're dappled-like. It doesn't show in the second pics but that's b/c of the camera.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #3394 
Aluyasha

Seishin and Kaito are stunning! I have had a few walmart bettas myself, I try not to buy from there but sometimes you just cannot leave one behind. :)

BTW, is that yarn in Sozin's tank?
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #3395 
Daisykd

Yeah I'd like to know too. Does yarn work? Is it okay for them?
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #3396 
TuiAndLa

Yes, it's yarn. It's just temporary until I can afford more fishy plants (the plants and caves are so expensive, especially with 5 fish!). lol I read about yarn "spawning mops" that some people make and figured if it's ok for little eggs, it should be ok for adult fish, right? They've had no issues with the yarn (love hiding in it actually) and are active and happy, VERY lively. No ill effects. I put the yarn in hot water like suggested for spawning mops before putting them in the tank.

In Sozin's pic, that big brown yarn thing is a cave I made for him from plastic canvas and yarn (I figured plastic canvas is ok too right? since you can make dividers with them). He really loved it but I had to take it out b/c I had to downgrade to a 1.5 gallon (and it didn't really fit) when I got the last two fish, for lack of space. I'm hoping to upgrade to bigger tanks in the future but for now, this is what they have and they are all incredibly happy. Frequent water changes, good food, live food when I can catch it. lol They're doing great. :3 And so much better than rotting in a Walmart cup.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #3397 
TuiAndLa

Here is the fishy cave I made. lol

Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #3398 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuiAndLa View Post
Here is the fishy cave I made. lol

That is so cute! And I'm sure it's much softer on their fins If there is no ill effects I think it's an amazing idea! I'd so buy one
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #3399 
Chard56

I think you're on to something here. The colors and softness of the yarn would be ideal for aquarium ornaments.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #3400 
TuiAndLa

Thanks, JBosley. ^_^ I got the idea b/c my mom has this little "plastic canvas class" where she works (the library). The possibilities are endless with what kinds of things you can make with plastic canvas/yarn.

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas