Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #71 
Enkil

I love Leto and that HMPK. <3

So long as I get no more personalities like our Hannibal's, I think I'll be ok. XD
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #72 
bettalover2033

Leto and he HMPK male look amazing! It is too bad that they produce deformed fry. Im sure that has to do with the breeder power feeding them.

I also have a HMPK. He is a yellow pinkish Dalmatian FULL dragon and WAY to aggressive for Korra. He literally almost killed her. It's rare but she is not as feisty as before.

Well anyway I have three new males I got from a nice seller on AB. I was hoping to get some from pet store but well I saw these guys and such pretty bettas. The pinkish yellow Dalmatian is the one with the full mask dragon and get some full masks since Korra is at least a 75% full mask. I don't think I'm going to breed any of them anymore though because I have quite a few pairs on arrival this and next week. I might try to get my money back out of them.

Sorry for the little "rant" but I just wanted to explain.

I hope your blue dragon pairs have some successful spawns so you can pass down that line over here lol. Good Luck!

Last edited by bettalover2033; 02-23-2012 at 12:40 AM.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #73 
DarkMoon17

Well, it was a sibling cross (female is a sibling blue dragon) so it is more likely that that line is no longer genetically viable. I'm going to keep trying though since they are gorgeous. Since individual's genomes don't change due to environmental factors, power feeding will not change fertility rates. I do believe it shortens their life span though. But so does keeping fish at warmer temperatures! I actually found that my bettas were the same size as my Thai imports were at 3 months so I don't think there is such a thing as power feeding. I just fed them 3 times per day when they were really small and then twice per day as they aged (which is normal practice) and made sure they had daily water changes, especially when cupped. Some breeders do "mislabel" the age of the fish they are selling, which IMO, is a better explanation for why they are larger than other 3 month old bettas. But that's just my rant! Lol

I understand completely. There are a few pairs who I really wanted to spawn but they wouldn't so I got new pairs. That's why I have so many pairs ATM haha... And I'm probably bringing some more in since I know have a dripping barrack system and can house more adults comfortably. I need to sell a lot of fish to make up for the cost of the failed pairs and barrack system! Hopefully the fish will be in the mood this weekend... Good luck with yours as well!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #74 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Well, it was a sibling cross (female is a sibling blue dragon) so it is more likely that that line is no longer genetically viable. I'm going to keep trying though since they are gorgeous. Since individual's genomes don't change due to environmental factors, power feeding will not change fertility rates. I do believe it shortens their life span though. But so does keeping fish at warmer temperatures! I actually found that my bettas were the same size as my Thai imports were at 3 months so I don't think there is such a thing as power feeding. I just fed them 3 times per day when they were really small and then twice per day as they aged (which is normal practice) and made sure they had daily water changes, especially when cupped. Some breeders do "mislabel" the age of the fish they are selling, which IMO, is a better explanation for why they are larger than other 3 month old bettas. But that's just my rant! Lol

I understand completely. There are a few pairs who I really wanted to spawn but they wouldn't so I got new pairs. That's why I have so many pairs ATM haha... And I'm probably bringing some more in since I know have a dripping barrack system and can house more adults comfortably. I need to sell a lot of fish to make up for the cost of the failed pairs and barrack system! Hopefully the fish will be in the mood this weekend... Good luck with yours as well!
Ahh I see. That makes sense. All of the new males that I got were labeled at 3, 3, and 4 months old. The HMPK pink ish male is very aggressive and seems to be very "spunky". Also the HM that I got has not yet developed his full finnage nor color since he has a cellophane border of his fins. He is also a white and blue marble with the cutest red spot on his head. Not above the eyes, but just where you would put a hat on. Kind of funny when your talking about fish LOL.

Heh, I did the same thing this time around. I also ordered 20 blue Mystery snails so I am very excited about those guys as well:) I never had one before so that might be why I'm excited about "just some snails."

Also I have noticed this with bettas and other species of fish when kept in warmer temperatures. It really is just common sense. We turn the heat up a bit in the tank to hatch the fry faster so it is speeding up their life if you think about it. A lot of their fish don't survive very long when imported from Thialand. They produce amazing fish, but they don't "last" long.

It is a sad truth.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #75 
betta lover1507

pretty o-o i love your black CT female she is gorgeous!! also since your a sucessful breeder and all, i have a fry that is going to be 3 months tomorrow and he/she is this big : (a little smaller) how would i get the fry to grow? am cleaning the tank more often (every 2 days)

Last edited by betta lover1507; 02-23-2012 at 02:30 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #76 
Curlyfatbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Ahh I see. That makes sense. All of the new males that I got were labeled at 3, 3, and 4 months old. The HMPK pink ish male is very aggressive and seems to be very "spunky". Also the HM that I got has not yet developed his full finnage nor color since he has a cellophane border of his fins. He is also a white and blue marble with the cutest red spot on his head. Not above the eyes, but just where you would put a hat on. Kind of funny when your talking about fish LOL.

Heh, I did the same thing this time around. I also ordered 20 blue Mystery snails so I am very excited about those guys as well:) I never had one before so that might be why I'm excited about "just some snails."

Also I have noticed this with bettas and other species of fish when kept in warmer temperatures. It really is just common sense. We turn the heat up a bit in the tank to hatch the fry faster so it is speeding up their life if you think about it. A lot of their fish don't survive very long when imported from Thialand. They produce amazing fish, but they don't "last" long.

It is a sad truth.
Clean warm water help fry grow faster.
Plus the type of food you feed them
With thailand fish
It just depend on what type you get
Have a few betta from Thailand that last more then a year.
Pretty fish don't live as long as regular
Pretty mean by show quality
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #77 
bettalover2033

@Curly: Very true, but MOST depends on the breeder since he or she is the one who can control the size and health.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #78 
Enkil

Got 6 of them yesterday, 3 boys and 3 girls.
I must say, they are even lovelier in person! I adore them. The girls are getting along great and the boys are enjoying their divided tank.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote