Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #231 
BeautifulBetta

FRY SWARM!

BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #232 
bettalover2033

Oh my goodness! Look at their bellies! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen in so many fry. I miss raisting my own fry!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #233 
tpocicat

WOW!!! I'm amazed at the numbers you have. They all look really healthy and hungry LOL.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #234 
BeautifulBetta

hahaha yeah theres definitely a lot!! I'm not sure how many now, I'm seeing a few less teeny ones but they may just be hiding and growing in the plants so I dunno :P Only one i've found dead this whole time so far so that leaves 217 lol. And definitely always hungry!!

When I get my good camera back, I might take a video of them from a tripod and you can see how they all swarm to one side of the tank when I go near it lmao. It's so funny, they remind me of adorable little piranhas :P
Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #235 
BeautifulBetta

QUESTION!!!
Never seen this before, slightly confused. Ever seen breeding bars on a less than two month old juvi?!?!
Sorry its really hard to see, it wouldnt hold still for anything and the camera wouldnt focus urg. But you can see the tail and then the stripes :S

Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #236 
CarmanDirda

Lovely couple and beautiful fry pictures. It's neat to see them at such a young age. I see them often, but it's still amazing something big and beautiful comes from something so teeny and plain. :)
CarmanDirda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #237 
tpocicat

I've never seen breeding stripes that young. Stress stripes maybe, but not breeding stripes. That is a very good pic BTW, moving fry are hard to take pics of.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #238 
LittleBeta

Sorry to jump in like this but can I ask something? What are mystery snails and where can you get them? ^^; sorry planing on breeding my Betta this summer and I've been told I need them but I have NO clue what they are!
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #239 
BeautifulBetta

Thanks guys!! Maybe she's going through fish-puberty rofl. By the way, I get my camera back tonight, IM SO STOKED!!! No more point and shoot!! I miss my manual focus and my macro extenders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBeta View Post
Sorry to jump in like this but can I ask something? What are mystery snails and where can you get them? ^^; sorry planing on breeding my Betta this summer and I've been told I need them but I have NO clue what they are!

hey! No problem haha. Glad you wanna be prepared! You see so many people just jump into breeding, thinking its as easy as plopping two fish together, like guppies :P lmao. Mystery snails aren't completely necessary, but they're DEFINITELY helpful when it comes to food-leftover cleanup!! I used to just siphon the leftovers out every day with a turkey baster, but I decided to get a snail instead, and wow. So much easier! I got mine at PetSmart, but if you have a smaller pet store, they may be able to order some in for you :) I think they're also called apple sails. Someone else on here might be able to assist you more lol
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #240 
LittleBeta

Haha thanks! I'm actuly not planing on breeding tell this summer so I'll have the time to take care of them, right now I'm just getting everything I need ^^
could you all so use shrimp or no? I'm wondering because my mom really doesn't like snails *rolls eyes.*
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote