Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #11 
betta lover1507

there is also martinimommy but she has a big price, since she has quality betta's from a best breeder in the U.S. or something :P but not sure if she is selling anything right now
and there is hopdiggity, she is a awesome seller, though she isn't a breeder. you gotta act fast to get one of her's since she dosen't always have betta's to sell. there gorgeous and when i got mine, she came in perfect but sadly there pretty expensive.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #12 
CarmanDirda

Ah. Well, the only PetCo store is far away, so not going that far for potentially nothing.

I PM'd her. :)

Thank you guys so far! Haven't got any sure things, but plenty to look at.
CarmanDirda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #13 
CarmanDirda

Yeah, well, with getting new supplies and everything my spending money is tight. Not like I have much cash to begin with.

Have to replace decorations and a tank contaminated by sick fish I got from Petsmart. Tried cleaning the crap out of it in burning hot water with a clean cloth and put nothing but the heater back in and another betta mysteriously died, so I'm retiring it from fish for good.

Also slowly gathering supplies for a baby bearded dragon I'm getting. Need to be fully prepared before they arrive!

I have got my eye on a couple bettas that would be maybe $30 together with shipping. Pretty nice deal I think for such pretty guys. Not the best, and both VT, but I lost my VTs when that sickness took my tank so I need them, too.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #14 
vilmarisv

This might be OT since you're concerned spending too much on the fish but I'm wondering if you are aware of the costs that breeding involves.
If you're going to take breeding seirously, I suggest you get yourself ready with setups, cultures, jars, medications, and everything else you WILL need before you think about bringing in the fish.
When I started breeding I spent over $300 before I got my pair in supplies.
Common bettas might be cheap but their breeding is definitely not.
It's very easy to get the fish to spawn but raising fry takes a lot of time and money.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #15 
CarmanDirda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
This might be OT since you're concerned spending too much on the fish but I'm wondering if you are aware of the costs that breeding involves.
If you're going to take breeding seirously, I suggest you get yourself ready with setups, cultures, jars, medications, and everything else you WILL need before you think about bringing in the fish.
When I started breeding I spent over $300 before I got my pair in supplies.
Common bettas might be cheap but their breeding is definitely not.
It's very easy to get the fish to spawn but raising fry takes a lot of time and money.

I'm not concerned with that - I have most of it already. I'm talking about the bettas themselves.

I'm replacing a lot of lost material at the moment because it got contaminated, so I'm cutting my budget on what is least important - the individual bettas. They are very important, but without all the supplies it won't matter how pretty or expensive the fish are.

I'm just being pickier than I usually would about my fish selection since the supplies are taking a lot more than normal out of my pocket.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #16 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmanDirda View Post
I'm just being pickier than I usually would about my fish selection since the supplies are taking a lot more than normal out of my pocket.
Because of this I've always believed that the item you spent the most on should be your bettas, they ARE the most important part. You DO have to be picky about the bettas you get for breeding because you will get hundreds just like them.
What's the use of breeding bettas if you're not going to be able to find them homes or care for them? Very little people (even lfs) would want to pay for a "common" betta bred by a unknown breeder.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #17 
CarmanDirda

Which is why I have yet to choose any. I'm not going to breed just any betta unless I believe I'll make something of it. It'd be a lot of money wasted, being stingy or not, to have all the unwanted extras sitting around here.