Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #21 
mjoy79

Got a new pic of Sayid - of course he's flaring at the camera.
I'm a little worried about him though, he seems to just be hanging out, not doing much. I don't know if moving again affected him. When he was at my parents' house he was so fiesty and active and now he seems listless. Hopefully he's just adjusting and will be back to his old self soon.
Attached Images

mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #22 
mjoy79

Tank update

Ok I just need to update my journal with my tank updates and then I must be off to go clean :)
BTW on a personal note - I have recently started treatment for ADHD and so far- so good for the most part. I tend to forget about things and get distracted and make impulsive decisions and even purchases.
But in the last few days since beginning treatment I have finally gotten my 20G sorority going and have divided one 10G and set up the other with live plants. Live plants are a bit expensive but I believe it will pay off in the long run to have them in my tanks.
Here is my sorority tank:

All of my girls have names now!
Here is the tread I posted about my sorority tank and all its residents.

Here is the two ten gallons, both with mostly live plants.
John Locke and Sawyer share one

Sayid has one all to himself

Here is the group of them including the bookshelf aquarium that Ross lives in
Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #23 
mjoy79

Posted this in my sorority thread but wanted to post it here as well.
This is the new video I made of the 20 gallon sorority tank:
http://youtu.be/JOLYkOHEJBs
By the way I am really loving having planted tanks. Ammonia read at 0ppm yesterday in the 20G sorority. It was close to 0 (between 0-.25ppm) in Sayid's 10G and was about .25 in Sawyer and John Locke's 10G. I'm not sure why it seemed to be reading so high in the divided 10g but I wonder if I need more plants?
In Justin's 3G ammonia was reading pretty bad yesterday (about 2ppm) so it has me concerned. I did a 50% change yesterday and I'll do another one today and see how it reads. His is not planted but has a filter. He doesn't act sick or lethargic but maybe a little skittish compared to my other bettas. From where I'm sitting now he looks to be working on a bubble nest though. I still want to get that ammonia reading down!

Also I did purchase a reverse osmossis system but haven't used it because I can't hook it up to my faucets. I need to determine if I need to purchase anything else to go with it or might just wait until I move to see if I can use it in the new place. If not, I may just sell it on ebay (the way I bought it).
Fortunately the plants are helping in that department (assuming I actually do have ammonia in my water source).

Last edited by mjoy79; 02-26-2012 at 11:40 AM.